Digitiser

Associate
After reading through the (most excellent) thread about retro consoles, it reminded me of digitiser. The old game review pages on teletext, it ran for 10 years and was bloody hilarious along with having excellent reviews. It was replaced about 4 years ago with 'game central', which is good but lacks any of the humour.

The last ever page.

p17685je.gif

Just wondering if anybody else here has any fond memories of digi?

Stay away from those bins! :)

Associate
BRING BACK DIGITISER!!!!1111

Fond memories of everymorning checking the reviews. It was more famous for its humor than its reviews! I once laughed so much while reading it that I choked on my cereal and had to be taken to hospital:(

Didnt Biffo go on to Edge magazine?

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Mr Biffo now writes for 'My parents are Aliens', shame as Digi was so much better than gamecentral...has it really been 4 years? :eek:

I had a random bloke in my house that knows him (works for Future Publishing, here in Bath). Good chat about Digi, but no offer to meet him :(

daz

daz

Soldato
Tony Mott (former Super Play editor) was in charge of Game Central for a bit, and for a time, it was very good.

Associate
Its interesting how i used to look forward to a review on Digitiser or in a magazine. The internet has killed so much and created so much too. With so much coverage now the success of a product is usually decided before it comes out. eg. Wii. I think every gamer will buy one of these if they retail under £150. This is all based on them seeing it on the internet the day it is revealed. If Digitiser was around we would have one page about it then have to wait for Edge to do a review and still we wouldnt see it in action for ages after.

The letters page was always the best.

Violet Berlin? Weird lesbo looking woman that did a ***** tv games show. Is ringing a bell too?

No swearing. FF.

raf

raf

Associate
Exactly a year to the day - I didn't even notice :)

I was just thinking about digi last night and thought I'd do a search on here to see if anyone else on these boards liked it too.

Back
Top Bottom