No headphone jack on Aego M 2.1 ?

Soldato
Unpacked them last night, went to plug in my headphones and nada! I plugged the 3.5mm plug into the socket located on the front of the sub but I gather that's not for headphones!

The output on my Asus A8N-SLI mobo is both speaker and headphones - so looks like I will have to swap them out each time.

Cracking set of speakers but lack of headphone socket is a bit poo :(

Soldato
Domo said:
Unpacked them last night, went to plug in my headphones and nada! I plugged the 3.5mm plug into the socket located on the front of the sub but I gather that's not for headphones!

The output on my Asus A8N-SLI mobo is both speaker and headphones - so looks like I will have to swap them out each time.

Cracking set of speakers but lack of headphone socket is a bit poo :(

Yep, my mum got a nice suprise at 3AM when I pluged my headphones and turned it up, Whoops!

It seems a bit stupid realy, great set though!

Associate
Well, if the speakers can be muted, then just use a splitter, and mute the speakers when you want to use headphones. Sure you are adding one more element in the chain, but it is not likely to be significant.

Kua

Kua

Associate
Super necro... If I insert the headphone jack in half way I get sound through the left channel. Slightly further in, just through the left channel. All the way in I don't get anything. Odd.

Soldato
Super necro... If I insert the headphone jack in half way I get sound through the left channel. Slightly further in, just through the left channel. All the way in I don't get anything. Odd.

Lol, indeed.

Unfortunately the Aego M's don't have a headphone jack. The 3.5mm stereo socket on the front of the sub is an alternative input port, so you can connect your mp3 player or whatever and get the sound outputting through the speakers.

Associate
The thing that seems stangest of all with these speakers is the volume control. Turning the knob to minimum doesn't actually decrease the sound to zero! At present i have it set to 12 O'Clock, Soundcard control panel at something like 65% and i adjust the volume through whichever App i'm using at the time. i.e Foobar/MPC etc.

Anybody want to suggest a more elegant solution?

Back
Top Bottom