Selling Your Emotionally Attached Car

Soldato
Well, the time has come to sell my first car, a 306 XRDT which my parents gave me. Its been in the family since almost new and in my keep for 4 years. It has given me hassle, problem free driving for each of them years and still looks as spoltless as the day it was given to me. I have been delaying for some time now, even though I have a GTI-6 sat in the garage. Its killing me to think I really have to advertise it next week. Anyone else have problems selling a car? Sounds rather sad I know considering its "just a diesel pug" :(

Soldato
When I last drove XYJ - which certainly wasn't your run of the mill car (not that it makes any difference anyway - it's what YOU are attatched to and like, regardless of what it is) - I did feel quite sad about it.

Then a bloke turned up with an envelope full of money, and made me all happy about it - watching it drive away, I felt absolutely diddly! Sold cars before, but XYJ is the only one I've had for any great length of time and was my first car.

At the end of the day it's just metal, and whatever comes next will be better :)

Man of Honour
Nathan said:
Well, the time has come to sell my first car, a 306 XRDT which my parents gave me. Its been in the family since almost new and in my keep for 4 years. It has given me hassle, problem free driving for each of them years and still looks as spoltless as the day it was given to me. I have been delaying for some time now, even though I have a GTI-6 sat in the garage. Its killing me to think I really have to advertise it next week. Anyone else have problems selling a car? Sounds rather sad I know considering its "just a diesel pug" :(

Half the reason the Mondeo will probably never be sold :(

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Half the reason the Mondeo will probably never be sold :(

Its sucks dont it :( My gf has just started to learn to drive, im tepted to give her my pug for her birthday. At least i ll be able to still drive it, but I got a feeling the body work wouldnt last long!

Associate
I still own my first car, I bought it new in 1992 and it has been everywhere with me, college, university, jobs, had the car when I was courting my wife, many a fantastic journey. I'm not sure I could part with it, It'd never sell as it's old, rusty and has a very high mileage. It's like part of the family.

The Downsmobile will live forever !!!!

Soldato
Watching the Clio GTT go was pretty hard. I loved that car and hearing it was dead within a fortnight was a nasty blow. Same thing happened to my first car and that made me feel like poo too :(

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I was pretty sad to see mine go for the same reasons as above, and especially when I'd looked at another 10 or so saxos which were 3 years newer but absolute sheds compared to mine :( Still, the new one is great :D

Soldato
R19 was my first. Sold it on ebay for £120 and was very sad to see it go. However, the head was warped and it couldn't really stand up to the 20k of "kaneing" that I do a year.

Associate
i'd still have kept hold of my first car (capri 2.0 s), if it hadn't have been for that ditch!

and that was 18 years ago, so i guess nothing changes much

:D

Soldato
i felt so bad driving the prelude into the garage and driving the celica out..

it was giving me looks like puppies do when you go out the front door :(

Back
Top Bottom