England v Sri Lanka **spoilers**

Man of Honour
Summer's here:)

11-15 1st Test, Lord's

18-21 v Sussex, Hove

25-29 2nd Test, Edgbaston

Vaughan, Giles, S. Jones & Harmy are all out still but Tresco is back to open after getting over his 'virus' & Cook is going to bat 3 instead of Bell, fair enough I guess. Lewis should get his debut after getting 9 wickets aginst them in the A game & the good weather should see Monty keeping his place:)

Probable:
Andrew Flintoff (Captain), Marcus Trescothick, Andrew Strauss, Alistair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Geraint Jones, Monty Panesar, Liam Plunkett, Matthew Hoggard, Jon Lewis.

Soldato
Getting worried about all these injuries, but still confident we'll win the match and series. Murali is the one to watch but if we can win the toss, bat and get a solid opening partnership it should be ok.

Soldato
Yep, sounds like Fred will be coming in after Collingwood. Makes sense to take some pressure off him, but makes it a little bit less unlikely that we'll get crashbang partnerships from Kp and Fred :(

Permabanned
Well in front, 212-1 Trescothick just got his ton, its a day for cricket sun and hardly no wind. I'd love to be there having about 10 pints.

Soldato
254/2 well played Tres, shame Strauss got out when he was fairly well set but we're definitely well on top now. Could do with a another big partnership from these two as well to really pile the pressure on.

Associate
Mad old tory said:
They've picked Mahmood instead of Lewis. Looking to the future i guess, but i thought Lewis deserved a chance :(

Lewis probably a bit slow. They would have gone with him had the weather been overcast. Mahmood doesnt look that promising TBH. Had a bit of a bashing in the ODIs. At least we'll have some bowlers back for the next Test. Harmisson should be playing First Class cricket this week / next week.

Soldato
Good start this morning by England, 345/4. Hoggard did his job, but got bowled by Murali. Pietersen has started slowly again but has been starting to windup a bit more. Need a solid partnership between these two and then Flintoff and Jones can hopefully come in and create some fireworks :D

Soldato
Pieterson brings up another century and his 1000th Test run. Am so jealous of my workmate who is at Lords today, such an awesome day for cricket. I cry. :(
*edit*

Doesn't help that he just texted me with 'Crap day for it eh?' - git :p

Looking forward to some fireworks after lunch!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just pulled up his 150 and looking pretty comfortable by all accounts...could be looking at a big score before the end of the day!

Sadly though I don't trust the weather here at the moment, it's typical bloody English weather, gorgeous sunny end to the week then forecast rain for the weekend and Monday. Would love to be proved wrong though, both for the cricket and the prospects of BBQs this weekend!! :)

Soldato
Yeh i've noticed the weather forecast is frankly rubbish for tommorrow and sunday, England have declared by the sound of things. Good move, gives them a full session to get at the Sri Lankans, time for the new bowlers to shows how good they are too.

Soldato
Mad old tory said:
Yeh i've noticed the weather forecast is frankly rubbish for tommorrow and sunday, England have declared by the sound of things. Good move, gives them a full session to get at the Sri Lankans, time for the new bowlers to shows how good they are too.
Working in the City atm and the temperature has dropped and it's clouded over, feels like rain is on it's way reasonably soon. :( Though might be good for the swing bowlers which could help take some early wickets, here's hoping :)

Last edited:
Soldato
looking good for england, 2 wickets gone, if we can knock over a couple more then we are through the majority of their batting talent with sangakarra and jayawardene probably the best of their batsmen at the crease at the moment

Back
Top Bottom