Who is off to Silverstone? (Accommodation)

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Finally got myself together and secured my tickets to the British Grand Prix (9,10,11 June), however, we are yet to make arrangements for accommodation.
I assume a few guys off here will be going, so my question really is where are you all staying?

Camping is my preferred choice and I'd hope to camp where a lot of the F1 fans will be.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Mikol said:
Finally got myself together and secured my tickets to the British Grand Prix (9,10,11 June), however, we are yet to make arrangements for accommodation.
I assume a few guys off here will be going, so my question really is where are you all staying?

Camping is my preferred choice and I'd hope to camp where a lot of the F1 fans will be.

http://www.whittlebury.com/

Stayed there before, quite expensive but i imagine it will be PACKED for the F1. I belive firestar has been b4 when the F1 was on :)

Sam

Caporegime
That i have wise one ;)

Good campsite, great during the F1 was £100 per pitch (thats one tent and one car) last year, had a beer tent and band on last year, only problem is after 11:30 they tell you to STFU so you must drink in silence :(

Sam

Sam

Soldato
el_dazza said:
Last time i went i slept in the car :o

Wasnt very comfy, mind you. lol

I belive tesla would dissagree ;)

If you want to contact this other camping guy who we used for our camping meet -

P1010638.jpg

P1010639.jpg

Vix

Vix

Associate
We walked from the Stables campsite and it took about 15 mins. Apparently you can walk from Whittlebury but the gate you can get to easily was closed when we were there. reckon it will be open for the GP though.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
OP
Vix said:
We walked from the Stables campsite and it took about 15 mins. Apparently you can walk from Whittlebury but the gate you can get to easily was closed when we were there. reckon it will be open for the GP though.

Ta! :)

Associate
I played at the golf course at Whittlebury 2 weeks ago. Someone said they were doing the f1 practice the day I was there ( you could hear them too). I can't imagine there is any site which could be closer, one of the corners was extremly close to the actual field I was in playing golf. I also think they put the f1 people up in the HSBC training center which is next to the golf course.

Caporegime
Mr.T said:
I played at the golf course at Whittlebury 2 weeks ago. Someone said they were doing the f1 practice the day I was there ( you could hear them too). I can't imagine there is any site which could be closer, one of the corners was extremly close to the actual field I was in playing golf. I also think they put the f1 people up in the HSBC training center which is next to the golf course.

Whittlebury is very close to the track but its a long walk to actually get into the track and through a gate, they campsite us silverstone bunch stayed at would actually be a quicker walk and it lets you in at a better gate.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
OP
DreederOcUK said:
Ive got a room at Travelodge its about 3miles from the track, 2miles from the enterance. Might be worth checking for a late cancellation.

Cheers - but I think we are hoping for a campsite atmosphere, plus I don't fancy a two mile walk (a taxi would be cheap I know, but we don't want to rely on taxis).

Firestar, which campsite did you actually stay at? You say the one you stayed at is closer than Whittelbury. I thought you stayed at Whittlebury?

Caporegime
Mikol said:
Firestar, which campsite did you actually stay at? You say the one you stayed at is closer than Whittelbury. I thought you stayed at Whittlebury?

Stayed at Whittelbury for the F1 and then on the ocuk silverstone meet stayed at the one sam posted, the one sam posted is cheaper and actually closer to a good entrance however i bet its now fully booked. :)

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Stayed at Whittelbury for the F1 and then on the ocuk silverstone meet stayed at the one sam posted, the one sam posted is cheaper and actually closer to a good entrance however i bet its now fully booked. :)

Aye, probably. I'll give them a call. Cheers mate.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
OP
Wow, it took me a long time to finalise! I got some details through from Whittlebury, £110. I called Richard Odell and he seemed a nice fella and had a good long chat on the phone. £100. I've asked him to send me all the details and we're going to stay there. He says he is ram packed as well, which we want!

Back
Top Bottom