• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X850XT PE - Half Dead

Soldato
Ok... so I run a dual 17" LCD setup and swap the primary head over to my 26" LCD when watching movies and stuff. must have done this 100s of times now, and when switching back the primary head to my LCD its kind of died...

Thats right, nothing - nada - zip. Usually this indicates my software/drivers have got really confused and rebooting usually clears it up.

Not this time, I cannot even see my POST screens anymore. NOTHING appears on any display from the Primary head, but I can get a display off the secondary one only, and only - when I have booted into Windows.

Hardware shagged?

I have dissipated my entire system, removed the card and left it for 10 minutes and everything but still it wont work.

Is there any memory on the card which can be 'hard reset' to try clear the problem?

I am using it now.. and can play games fine, but I still need my primary head back for more reasons than just powering different monitors at the same time.

Now here is the corker...... if I plug my primary head into my 26" LCD TV it shows up.... but it is ALL green.. well has a green overlay on everything, you know? Like the 'Green' button on old style CRTS.

This TV doesnt care much for what signal it gets.. it just does it. Does this help diagnose the problem?

Cheers guys.

Soldato
OP
BTW. If I open up the CCC I only get one adapter in the pull down... which shows as follows:

Radeon X850 Series [ LCD 1 + LCD 2 ]

Usuaally it is like:

Radeon X850 Series [ LCD 1 ]
Radeon X850 Series - Secondary [ LCD 2 ]

Soldato
OP
Just got given an idea. Could be a dry join or dodgy female pin which is integral to pumping a valid DVI signal.. which is why VGA works on everything, DVI half works on the TV and not at all on the LCD Monitor.

Not something I can fix without some serious kit :/

Back
Top Bottom