Anyone heard of CG-Lock?

Soldato
Hi,

Just looking on Flyin' Miata (as you do) I noticed a product called CG-Lock. Its a device that holds the lap part of the belt tight on you. Apparently making it more similar to using a 4,5 or 6 point belt. Just wondered whether anyone else heard of it before.

http://www.cg-lock.com

Associate
CG-Lock site said:
I won the Canadian CAC Nationals Championship in CSS using the CG-Lock!
I am also including a shot that shows some of the CG-Lock... Note that I use a race seat with harness provisions, have a roll-bar WITH harness bar... can use a harness if I want to by the rules... and I indeed HAVE a 6-pt. camlock harness... but choose to use a CG-Lock instead. Thanks,
-Jay Watson

Bear in mind this is the same country that believes you don't have to wear seatbelts if you have airbags.

Soldato
Akira said:
Well normally the lap belt isn't locked under tension to the buckle.

If the charge was powerful enough to tighten the belt too much, it'd squish your insides even without the CG-Lock.

If you read the website, its been fully tested and found to be safe.

Soldato
saitrix said:
Well I suppose it means you don't have to get a roll cage so your car can be much more stock. Do you perchance use one?

Nope, I'm holding out for a set of full harnesses, but that may be some time away, I think once I have sorted the handling and maybe power, but that is some way down the line.

Back
Top Bottom