really need some help here!

Associate
I have just finished a water cooling set-up which consists of FX60 CPU 2 x BFG 7900GTX.

Now before installing the watercooling everything was working just fine, but since doing so when I boot I get a graphically corrupted boot screen and when windows tries to load it just fails and reboots sometimes, others screen just goes blank.

I used the Danger Den NV78 GPU blocks and a TDX CPU Block.

I know the problem is the graphics cards as I have installed them in my other PC and I get the same problem, but even if I try them on their own I get exactly the same problem on both of them - what could I have done to cause this - this is like £800 of hardware I may just have wrecked!!

I have searched forums and can only think of two possible things:

1) I used AS5 on the memory and some people say this can cause problems, although other say they use it and it works fine - I have even removed all of the AS5 and used ceramique instead but still no joy.

2) Crushed the GPU / Memory - I'm not new to this and I did not over tighten the thumb screws so I do not think this is the problem either.

I cannot think of anything else that can be causing the problem, but would really appreciate the advice of the pro's on this forum.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Unfortunately the stock cooler comes with pads, and when I dismantled all the pads were shot.

I have double checked the contact and it seems to be perfect I have just tightened a bit more to be safe and I still get the same problems. Basically there are multi coloured squares all over the place and the text is all over the place aswell....

What I find really strange it that the exact same problem is with both cards? I really can't work this one out and I have been building PC for years!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I appologise for the for the title, but I have just laid out a ton of cash only for this to happen...btw, the ton of cash was with overclockers aswell :)

Soldato
Corruption of the graphics shouldn't be heat-related so soon after boot-up but it could be caused by over-tightening the blocks which can bend the PCB. I really would suggest firstly trying the system with another graphics card to confirm the correct functioning of the cpu-cooling.

If the graphics cards - either individually or together - are artifacting with water-cooling, you must revert to the original heatinks even if that means using no paste at all. Then see what is happening.

Associate
OP
OK just tried that, but the memory doesn't touch any part of the heatsink, anyways, I couldnt even get a signal to come through my monitor ttrying it his way!

Back
Top Bottom