Haircut: Barbers or Salon? (Metro warning)

Soldato
Is it worth paying more to get my hair cut at a special salon?
I currently go to my local barbers, which is £7 a go, sometimes the cut isn't bad other times it just grows out uncontrollably mad. Is it worth paying the extra (how much extra?) to get my hair cut and "styled" at one of these places apart from paying to see those lovely women while i'm having my hair cut.

I suppose i need a bit of inspiration with my hair too, i'm getting bored of it and want something different but not sure what, i don't think my barber would react well to "give me something that suits me" :p. I might get a bowl cut or something :eek:

Before everyone says "shave it off tbh" i will but not before my time. Whilst i have hair i will use it!

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
.....to get my hair cut and "styled" at one of these places apart from paying to see those lovely women while i'm having my hair cut.

They'd have to be at least topless for me to pay over £20 to get my hair cut by one of them! :p

In fact, i'm sure i read or heard about a topless barbers (or was it car wash? :confused: ) the other day. :eek:

Soldato
OP
fozzybear said:
They'd have to be at least topless for me to pay over £20 to get my hair cut by one of them! :p

In fact, i'm sure i read or heard about a topless barbers (or was it car wash? :confused: ) the other day. :eek:

Well thats the point, how much do lads pay in one of these places? I'd try it once for £20-30 just to see if there is any difference and if its worth it.

I've already covered the clippers reply so i'm just ignoring it :p. It's before my time.

Soldato
Hair Cuttery is only about £5 more and you get a decent cut. There's quite a few around so worth a shout. It's £14 but you can 10% student discount bringing it to £12.60 which isn't too bad considering it's at a salon :)

BeatMaster :D

Soldato
hehe..... i go to a place called The Gaff, its full of woman hair cutters, and its men only.... £6.50 and there is one lady that cuts my hair very nice ;)

I wouldent bother paying more... will still grow back in the same time.... just become more expensive to get it cut again and again

Associate
Stellios said:
Barbers, £5.50, 7 on the top and 2 on the back and sides, job done.

How long would a 7 be? is it a couple of inches?

I just got my hair cut in a barber a few days ago and it cost me £12.50. It took him a while to cut it as my hair was was down to my chest. I had 3 on the back and sides and asked for 2 inches to be left on the top so I could style it. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I go to my local Barbers were a very very nice lady cuts my hair at £6 a go and I get a nice hot mug of Coffee :)

Used to go into town to ones of these flash Salons, which an old mate owns, lots of eye candy, hair wash & head massage with all the expensive stuff, italian coffee or even a beer for the blokes & wine or fruit based drink for the Ladies and all for £20 :eek: and that was my discounted price, you'd be in there a good hour though.

Back
Top Bottom