dfi lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Gangster
Permabanned
just got one of these and wondering a few things before i use it.

1. do i need the sata disk to install windows 2000, or can i set the sata2 to ide mode ?
2. which bios is reccomended for a 146 and 1gb bh5 4x256 ?
3. download latest drivers from dfi site ?

cant think of anything else, except, do u think i could delete all chipset drivers and install the sata drivers before changing from my asrock 939 and win2k will work ok if ide mode is not available ?

Soldato
I've always needed the SATA disk to install XP with mine, assume its the same with 2000.
I would download the 704 BIOS, you can probably find it over at DFI Street seems reliable enough for me and its ironed out most of the bugs from the earlier versions:)

Associate
I set Sata mode to IDE and turned off SATA raid and Windows XP sp2 happily installed onto my 80gig SATA maxtor drive without any problems or need for any drivers.
With SATA mode set to IDE then you see 8 IDE devices on boot up and no driver is needed, if any of them are RAIDed then you will need a driver disk.

Wish all the best with your mobo, had mine about a month now and I love it! Fantastic tweakers board and all of those Dram options are really cool!!

Rob H

Gangster
Permabanned
OP
Super Tigers said:
I set Sata mode to IDE and turned off SATA raid and Windows XP sp2 happily installed onto my 80gig SATA maxtor drive without any problems or need for any drivers.
With SATA mode set to IDE then you see 8 IDE devices on boot up and no driver is needed, if any of them are RAIDed then you will need a driver disk.

Wish all the best with your mobo, had mine about a month now and I love it! Fantastic tweakers board and all of those Dram options are really cool!!

Rob H

thanks i didnt know there was an ide mode :)

yea i looked on dfi-street and the bios settings thread, theres about 15 billion options :p

Associate
Happy to be of help. Flash to the latest bios and the Ultra-D is a rock stable motherboard at present I have an origional old Winchester 3000+ at 248mhz FSB with Ram at 1:1 and it is running very sweetly. The old Winnie will be replaced shortly by a 3700+ now they have come down to £130inc vat. Might come down a little more once am2 comes out.

Rob H

Back
Top Bottom