adsl-max capable?

Associate
I have been stuck with ukonline 2000 for nearly a year after stupidly signing up with them! I see that my BT exchange is now gone to adsl max capable and my year with ukonline is nearly over? i have tried to see if i can get a service faster than 2000 but the sites dont come up with anything faster!

I wanted to know if there was a way i can test my line to see if i will be capable of getting faster speed's? my currant BT exchange is Llandudno and postcode is LL30 2EH..

Thanx in advance!!

~:::ZaPPa:::~

Associate
OP
hmm.. my firmware dosen't seem to have that setup :> it has "HOME" "SETUP" "ADVANCED" "TOOLS" "STATUS" "HELP"

Version: V1.00B02T02.UK.20040610

Associate
OP
lol i found it in the end.. i must be becomeing blind..

Connection Status Connected
Upstream Rate (Kbps) 288
Downstream Rate (Kbps) 2272
US Margin 31
DS Margin 26
Modulation MMODE
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 26
US Line Attenuation 28
Path Mode Fast Path

DSL Statistics
Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Thanx guys...

Caporegime
You'll get more. How much is impossible to say for sure - the only way to know is try it and see.

What does www.bt.com/broadband say for your line (since the postcode's completely worthless)?

While you're at it, you could try reading the FAQ, especially the signature rules.

Associate
OP
sweet good new's m8.. But what should i do.. on most sites i add my info in as in phone nb. and address and they say i can get 2mb/sec :|nothing above it.. sud i e-mail them..

and any good isp's for unlimited? thanx :D

Caporegime
zappa00 said:
on most sites i add my info in as in phone nb. and address and they say i can get 2mb/sec :|nothing above it..

Which?

tolien said:
What does www.bt.com/broadband say for your line?

Direct quote (with phone number removed) would be a start.

and any good isp's for unlimited? thanx :D

Other than on LLU (Samknows is your friend), with prices that probably rank as crazy, or a high probability of it all going belly up, no.

Associate
OP
For Telephone Number ***** on Exchange LLANDUDNO

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 6Mbps up to 8Mbps.

The actual ADSL Max line rate supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use, after which time the highest stable rate possible will be set.

Caporegime
zappa00 said:
Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 6Mbps up to 8Mbps.

Fixed rate only goes as far as 2Mbps, so the rest makes (more) sense.

Associate
OP
thanx m8 for your help!! what do you mean by fixed rate? dose that mean this is the fastest i can get anyway? altho it says it's adsl max enabled oO.. lol it's all quite confuseing to me..

Soldato
zappa00 said:
thanx m8 for your help!! what do you mean by fixed rate? dose that mean this is the fastest i can get anyway? altho it says it's adsl max enabled oO.. lol it's all quite confuseing to me..

There was home500, home1000 and home2000. Then they introduced Max. So now there are 4 offerings. You can either get a fixed speed of 500, 1000 or 2000 - or you can get max, which is whatever you can get.

I suspect when all the teething troubles are ironed out of Max, most ISPs will stop offering home500-home2000.

Back
Top Bottom