Japan v Scotland

Associate
Both teams are missing a lot of first team players (Celtic refused to release their players so they could play a couple of testimonials instead :rolleyes: ).

0-0 at half time. Scotland haven't showed much threat, but they have defended solidly. I think McFadden and one other off, Boyd and Burke on to break down the Japs.

As long as we don't lose by 3 goals we win the 'Kirrin Cup' :D

Arc

Arc

Associate
Yeah, considering the side is missing Ferguson and we didnt have McFadden and Boyd up front at the same time it wasnt too bad. We have a decent crop of young players at the mo, things are looking up (just a shame about the group we have got for Euro 2008 :D ).

Associate
It wasn't pretty at times but I think that was a great result considering the humidity & also they were playing Bulgaria 2 days ago

Seems to be a feel-good-factor about the Scotland camp these days, it's good to see. We know our limitations as a nation but Walter's got us well-organised

Associate
OP
Definitely looking good for the future.

Players missing that would have walked into today's team:

Gordon
Hartley
Pressley
Maloney
Ferguson

And probably some others I can't think of.

I think Euro 2008 will come a wee bit too soon for us but with this crop of players and a few more promising youngsters (Stevie Smith and Alan Hutton at LB and RB for example) we stand a good chance of making it to the world cup in 2010.

Man of Honour
big_white_dog84 said:
Definitely looking good for the future.

Players missing that would have walked into today's team:

Webster without a shadow of a doubt but then he doesn't even get a game for Hearts due to Romanov being a pillock :o Calum Eliot also offers good potential if he keeps progressing.

Good result overall and nice to pick up some silverware no matter how insignificant in the scheme of things :)

Back
Top Bottom