Bus stop confrontation

Permabanned
On the way home tonight, after a bit of a class night out, i was on my len getting the night bus back from bistol town centre. at the bus stop some 30 year old guy who was about 5ft7, and about 30 years old, maybe a bit younger, asked me, when i hadnt even said anything to him, if id called him a Masterbator (obv a more crude word).

Now this guy was just looking for a fight, he was with 2, what appeared to be, 16 year old girls, and was just asking me for a fight really. Now im 5,11.5 (allmost 6ft :p ) He was being really racist to all the other people around him and was generally asking for it.

Now he was quite a well built guy, and im dead skinny, but it would have been a good fight. Iv only ever been in a scuffle once and i got punched and before i could retaliate it was all over with people jumping in to stop anyone from moving and holding everyone involved back, but tonight, man, im annoyed! (i think i posted about getting punched when it happned)

Im skinny as hell but would have had the clear reach advantage over this guy, and i recognised him from my old local when i used to live in a rougher area, if he had of been on his own i have no doubt he wouldnt of said anything to me (im fairly certain the other people on the bus stop were his friends) Im just annoyed that someone like that can intimidate other people and even try it on with me and i couldnt do anything about it. I makes me really angry and i just wanted to kick his ass (it was 3am and the police wouldnt of gotten to the bus stop within it all happening). Arg, iv been drinking but im sure some of you get what im getting at, any similar experiances and advice?

I wana find him when im with my friends and see how he feels when the same is done to him, im nothing like the cretin/bully, but i want him to experiance how it feels.

Man of Honour
People like that expect you to stand back and say nothing otherwise they wouldn't provoke you. I've been in the same situation and I never ever get into fights. I was outside a bar after kicking out time and a guy who bullied me in school came up to me and called me all the names of the day, hitting some old sore spots from years ago. Because I did nothing then he expected me to just take it on the chin but he was wrong. He was the one who took it on the chin..... and the nose and the left eye and the ear and in the ass. He scurried off crying.

So, sometimes it's best to avoid people who get on like this but sometimes a fist in the face works wonders, if the conditions permit of course. Don't lose any sleep over it, just be happy in the knowledge that he is a retarded and insecure fool and that you are a better person. If you run into him again and he tries it on again, a short sharp punch in the ear will probably shock the hell out of him and send him running. Although, I don't know the guy so he may fight back, don't hold me responsible if he does :p

Soldato
Let it roll, man.

Sinking to his level will not make you feel better. And it won't teach him a lesson.

Just be proud you were the better man and resisted the temptation to take a swing.

Permabanned
OP
Mickey_D said:
Let it roll, man.

Sinking to his level will not make you feel better. And it won't teach him a lesson.
Yea, but this guy, i duno, he made me feel like it was either fight him, or feel small, and i felt small, and now its annoying me! Even though i know im not small (well, im skinny but im tall, but u know what i mean) its still agrivating that somone can do that.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
willd58 said:
Yea, but this guy, i duno, he made me feel like it was either fight him, or feel small, and i felt small, and now its annoying me! Even though i know im not small (well, im skinny but im tall, but u know what i mean) its still agrivating that somone can do that.

Stop dwelling on it and go to sleep. You keep mentioning you're skinny like you're paranoid about it or insecure. If it bothers you that much, goto the gym and 'beef' up.

It's happened to us all, and you've taken it too personally.

Think of it this way; if you'd reacted you'd probably be in intensive care under life support now. He was probably acting big because he had people there who could back him up.

EDIT:

Maybe it might be worth you developing a "Don't **** with me stare" :p
You'll be surprised how many people will avoid confrontation with you if you look like you'll give them hell if they try.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally i would have told him which way to walk. Know one deserves to be spoken to like that. I would have made some comment about the kids he had with them, and told him they lock blokes like him up to protect the community.

That would have probably cheesed him off and he would come at you, but remember, if you plan to start, don't stop until he's down. It probably isn't the best way to go about it and could end up going wrong, but at least you tried and know to hide in the shadows next time. :)

Don't worry about it, he wont remember it in the morning and hopefully you will forget about it in weeks to come. It is just unfortunate that in todays society blokes like to show off to mates and girls by putting people down.

Associate
you just said yourself, youve been drinking, so your overreactinga bit...it just sounded like a little confrontation that normally, nobody would have given a second thought. so leave it :)

Permabanned
Scuzi said:
People like that expect you to stand back and say nothing otherwise they wouldn't provoke you. I've been in the same situation and I never ever get into fights. I was outside a bar after kicking out time and a guy who bullied me in school came up to me and called me all the names of the day, hitting some old sore spots from years ago. Because I did nothing then he expected me to just take it on the chin but he was wrong. He was the one who took it on the chin..... and the nose and the left eye and the ear and in the ass. He scurried off crying.

I did the same thing on the first day of high school - a groups of 6th formers obviously expected me to run away or cry or something so they laid into me.

One completely over the top violent outburst later, I had enough of a reputation for being odd to guarentee that I got left alone for the rest of my school days.

*n

Soldato
My advice: Ignore him until he attacks you, then you have every right to defend yourself with reasonable force. If it were me though, I would've probably just walked off to the next bus stop and hoped he didn't follow me with his chav bints.

Associate
the way i've always seen it is if you can avoid a fight then avoid a fight. if you swallow your pride and just let it go, yeah, that guy feels great and you feel like crap but at least you still have your teeth.

i find myself in situations like that all the time. im pretty tall (6'2") but also pretty slim and i think i just have this air about me that says i won't do anything. i've never really been in a fight but events like that bug me and i do think you always give them second thought. the thing that **** me off about it too is that guys who act like that are probably way happier, get hotter girls and have more money than me.

what's worse is when one of your friend's is getting **** like that, or even worse, your girlfriend. i was once standing around in the cinema and these chavs were throwing gobstoppers at me and my girlfriend. im no fighter and there were loads of them. she started having a go at them but i just said to her "we're leaving". looking back, i should have done something else but i figured just getting her away and retaining my handsome good looks (;)) was the best thing to do.

i dunno really. there's different ways of looking at it. you can stand up for yourself and risk a beating or try and avoid it (and still risk a beating). i have a couple of friends who are slim but when attacked, are fighting machines! they say fighting is more about confidence than build.

Don't swear. FF.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
The only reason he can do it is because you let him.
It is odviously far better to walk away and be humiliated. LIKE **** it is.
Bullys are usually wimps i find a head butt to the bridge of the nose is a good start followed by whatever blows you can get in before he goes down. Once down then heel to face is the preffered method of stompin seven colours of crap out of him/them.
Expect to be jailed for this though as it was either recorded by cctv or some no better do gooder will give evidence against you. Of course you the straight citizen will be jailed whilst bully boy chav will be rewarded with criminal compensation totalling thousands.

Many a true word spoke in jest. :)

Associate
Just look at him in the eye and say
'Even though I am off duty, i will have no hesitation of having you arrested under section 72 of public disturbance and threatening violence'

All made up, but it will shut him up and make him look silly in front of his girlies. :D
Brain power and psychology always defeats these type of people.

Associate
My godfather is an ex-marine and he taught me how to surprise punch someon square in the face.

Its a bit like magic - you kinda look the other way and wave your left hand a bit before cracking them in the face.

Now i dont condone violence but sometimes there are situations that unless you take action first you might find yourself on the backfoot and it can turn nasty. There are too many thugs and bullies around that think they are the big badman just through intimidation - most the time they drop like flys with a good punch.

Caporegime
He'll have been showing off in front of his 2x birds, he would have took them both home, and hammered them after that, girls can't get enough of Chavs for some reason, they hang around them like flys around a cows arse.

Permabanned
OP
LoadsaMoney said:
He'll have been showing off in front of his 2x birds, he would have took them both home, and hammered them after that, girls can't get enough of Chavs for some reason, they hang around them like flys around a cows arse.
Lol, they got off miles before him so i somehow doubt it, i think they were with him to show off to there own friends or somthing.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:

You don't realise how apt that metaphor is :)

Suspended
LoadsaMoney said:

Girls love confidence, and lots of those types of blokes ooze it.

Well done for keeping your temper though :) I got in serious trouble a few years ago, because someone spat at my girl friend so I shattered his eye socket and knocked three of his teeth out. Never again, it's just not worth it.

Soldato
rayer said:
Just look at him in the eye and say
'Even though I am off duty, i will have no hesitation of having you arrested under section 72 of public disturbance and threatening violence'

All made up, but it will shut him up
Or end up getting you stabbed...

In a thug's eyes you aren't a police officer unless you've got a batton, radio and a colleague to back you up. Just look at the news headlines if you want proof of that...

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Depth said:
Girls love confidence, and lots of those types of blokes ooze it.

Well done for keeping your temper though :) I got in serious trouble a few years ago, because someone spat at my girl friend so I shattered his eye socket and knocked three of his teeth out. Never again, it's just not worth it.

Urgh, I'm so nosey...

Why on earth did he do that? / How did the police react to it?

Back
Top Bottom