• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce 6200 le 256mb??

Associate
Hi guys, I tried to find my question on the forum but it was not possible, sorry if it's here in somewhere, just let me know.

I got a packard bell imedia MC H1519, and it comes with the geforce 6200, it was 256mb but when I updated the driver it became 128mb.
And when it was 256mb and I used to try to play Counter Strike for example, I always got the blue screen error. Now I don't get anymore.
But it have 128mb and still have problems, for example, sometimes I open a web site and the background color just fell the half page, and if I minimize the window and maximize again, it fix. And when I open a page that have silly animations or any kind of movement and try to fill a text box for example, it becomes too slow.

Does anyone have any idea? I tried to find in many places and I wasn't able to.

Cheers.

Caporegime
Welcome to the forums. :)

Im not sure how you have lost the extra 128mb, have you tried the drivers back on that you had before, and have you used drivercleaner to fully remove the drivers before installing the later ones, if the background colours are messed up in windows it could be a borked card and need RMA'ing, could be the memory on it going.

Soldato
If he's using one of the 6200s with Turbocaché he could've disabled it by reinstalling the drivers, in which case he would indeed lose about 128MB of video memory. Turbocaché is evil and must be destroyed. :(

Edit: Beaten to it. ^ :)

Associate
Exsomnis said:
If he's using one of the 6200s with Turbocaché he could've disabled it by reinstalling the drivers, in which case he would indeed lose about 128MB of video memory. Turbocaché is evil and must be destroyed. :(

Edit: Beaten to it. ^ :)

I may have beaten you to it, but I didn't make the point near as eloquently.

Associate
OP
TERRIBLE!!! :p

Hi guys, thanks for replying. So, yes, I used the drivers cleaner before instal the lastest driver, and Yes again, I think, it's using the fuc**** turbocache, and maybe I lost memory when I upgrade that, so how could i fix it?

Many thanks
ps. when I use the old drivers I got the 256mb but it doesn't work properly as I get blue screens errors always when I try to play games.
cheers.

Associate
RodrigoLopes said:
Hi guys, thanks for replying. So, yes, I used the drivers cleaner before instal the lastest driver, and Yes again, I think, it's using the ******* turbocache, and maybe I lost memory when I upgrade that, so how could i fix it?

fully star out swearies :)

Back
Top Bottom