PS3 Interface

Soldato
Looks like its taken a very PSP'ish approach

http://pspupdates.qj.net/PS3-s-interface-revealed-Looks-just-like-the-PSP-s-XMB/pg/49/aid/38576

* There is the User Personalization thing, with your photo shown along with your username.
* If you'll see properly, you'll also notice the Keyboard/Mouse settings
* Apart from the normal Music, Movie, Game, Web Browser icons, there's also the Friends icon which means that there will be some integration into the User Interface itself.
* And, there's that infamous Network Update icon. Does that mean that it will be able to support new things in the future like the PSP's firmware updates? Only time will tell.

Man of Honour
Does look quite nice and fancy, quite a different approach to how the 360 does it, I'd have to have a go myself to see what it's really like.

What I've noticed with a lot of the PS3 interface stuff is that it's all in super high-def from, and I'm only hoping is that the PS3 will scale accordingly and use different sizes for things depending on resolution, as the 360 just keeps things the same size, just more detail.

I'm sure if the Web Browser is any good, and is actually a capable software syste, MS will go right ahead and launch their own on the 360.

Back
Top Bottom