Faulty MDA Compact II :(

Associate
So I signed up on Flext35 + WnW with TMobile over Easter. Had no problems, phone very pleasant etc etc... However recently the internal speaker has started rattling and distorting when on the phone (sounds like it has been damaged some how).

My question is, if I take it back to the shop, will they give me a replacement or take it off for repair? Will it be free? The phone has got some usual wear and tear from being in the same pocket as coins etc and I don't want them telling me I have to pay for the repair because I damaged it..

Anyone got any help for me?

Associate
Well asuming there is no real damage to it they will send it for repair to HTC and there will be no charge.

I used HTC directly when I had a problem with my Orange C550, really quick turn around time and it had been dropped and dented but it got repaired no questions asked! Linky

Permabanned
The speaker issue was common on the MDA Compact 1's (Imate Jam).
Your handset is between you and T-Mob and you are within your rights to request a replacement.

Associate
VIRII said:
The speaker issue was common on the MDA Compact 1's (Imate Jam).
Your handset is between you and T-Mob and you are within your rights to request a replacement.

The network are required to get it repaired not offer a replacement. Also they may as a good will gesture offer you a loan phone while your phone is getting replaced. Its in the ts & cs that they don't have to replace it.

I had this argument countless times with customers, we had customers who had their phones away for repair three times complain (understandably imo but i didn't make the rules) and the legal dept backed us up and said we could send it away for repair again as we were not legally obliged to do anything else.

Associate
T-mobile offer a no questions asked replacement if it was purchased within 28 days, if it was purchased outside of the last 28 days they will repair it. i had a faulty MDA Compact II and had it replaced after 10 days, though my replacement is ****ed too so im getting it repaired.

Back
Top Bottom