Cleaning CDs & DVDs - what do you use?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
FunkyT said:

seriously though...what were you expecting?! clean it with something soft and non-abrasive. if you want to be really anal, you can get cleaning solutions to get off "stubborn marks"

Commissario
I've never had to clean a CD or DVD. Ever. Not for xxx years, where xxx is a stupidly high number.

What do you do with them to get them into the condition where you have to clean them?

K.

Soldato
OP
Feek said:
I've never had to clean a CD or DVD. Ever. Not for xxx years, where xxx is a stupidly high number.

What do you do with them to get them into the condition where you have to clean them?

K.

When you have a large amount building work dust gets everywhere - in places you wouldn't believe :(

Permabanned
Actually, you could clean the CD with fine sandpaper, to remove any scratches. :)

I'd recommend purchasing the 3rd highest grits you can find - ie: 2000, 1800, 1600. Then very gently work sand your way from 1600-2000.

If this goes wrong, I am not responsible. ;)

Associate
basmic said:
Actually, you could clean the CD with fine sandpaper, to remove any scratches. :)

I'd recommend purchasing the 3rd highest grits you can find - ie: 2000, 1800, 1600. Then very gently work sand your way from 1600-2000.

If this goes wrong, I am not responsible. ;)
I tried this when I accidently put a HUGE scratch in one of my DVDs. It was really deep and didn't play at all so I thought why not... Took a while to get it out but works again now :)

Back
Top Bottom