NTL Tech Support

Soldato
What a waste of time, this is a conversation I have just had with a lady from their broadband technical support.

Me: Hi there, I am currently on your 2meg product but I seem to be connected at 1 meg speeds, could you help me?
Lady: How do you know you are connected at that speed?
Me: Browsing is generally slower and i've done several speed tests that never go above this speed and my upload is at 64k.
Lady: So you are experiencing slow speeds?
Me: No, I pay each month for 2 meg speeds not 1 meg, it's not just slow it's connected at the wrong speed.
Lady: I want you to open a website while you have nothing else downloading.
Me: Ok, what exactly would that do?
Lady: Have you done that?
Me: Yes.
Lady: Ok you are connected at 2 meg speeds.
Me: What? How exactly do you know that, you haven't even taken any of my details and you tell me that I am connected at 2 meg speeds?
Lady: Yes your connection is fine.
Me: Hangs up.

Absolutely pathetic. None of my details were taken, nothing. So I call back and explain, and speak to a guy this time, and explain the situation. Have you requested to be downgraded? No I tell him, I said you have my account details and notes, what does it say? It says you are on 2 meg sir, but I can't do anything until customer services opens on monday.

I thought Bulldog was bad, ever since I have been with NTL they haven't got my bills right either, was bein charged for the 10 meg product until last month, why they don't know either. Makes me have lots of faith in them.
Going to ring up on monday and going to consider to request cancellation early on the basis of breech of contract.

What does everyone think?

Soldato
Go for it. With any luck that'll make them pull their finger out and put you onto someone who knows what they're doing. They'll likely sort it out and offer you something like a reduced monthly fee for a while.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
With the advances of telecoms, they probably didn't need to take your details if you were calling off your home phone.

Associate
I spoke to some monkey yesterday, was quality.
Lightning struck a lampost outside out the back of our house and below it is an ntl green cab. Come up to computer to find the modem not working at all, ring ntl tell them the situation and that i want an engineer to come out an replace it as its been fried.

Explain to him that i have rebooted the modem, tried it connected directly to the computer and to the router becuase i know that is the next question that they ask. Also changed the patch cable.
And what question does he ask me now, what operating system am i using. How is that even relevant to the situation. And then he procceeded to go through again all the things that i had mentioned to him at the begining, proving that they dont even listen to you.
It works now but only on usb not ethernet.

Hope you get it sorted. If you on the offchance get through to someone who actually speaks english i've found the service to be great.

Soldato
OP
Mikol said:
With the advances of telecoms, they probably didn't need to take your details if you were calling off your home phone.
Possibly, but opening a webpage and then saying i'm connected at 2 meg, my word a baby monkey gorilla could have done better than that, that is by far the funniest thing I have heard from tech support before on anything.

Permabanned
I don't work for NTL but I do wotk in tech supppurt and trust me it is the other way round, you customers are stupid. :D

Soldato
I've had this trouble, not from NTL but others, and I don't know what's worse. The stupid run of the mill jump through our hoop questions or the fact I can hardly understand the foreign person at the end of the phone. :mad:

Associate
by/ntl tech support - run by monkeys who can read a stupid script. In my 10odd years with BY they've even hung up on me 'cause i was a kid :/

Permabanned
I helped a little kid set up WPA Encryption once, but she had to go to bed half way through the call. :p

Some are a total joke, BTs Dialup Support is in India and trying to get help was insanely hard.

"Look mate it is connected, this isn't a password issue, stop checking the password!!" x10

Permabanned
Typical call to NTL technical dept:-

ME, Hi i'm having this problem, blah, blah

NTL, sorry sir, that sounds like its your pc

ME, Hangs up, sorts the problem my self

NTL ARE ***** AT TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Ogre

No swearing.

Otacon

Back
Top Bottom