Dfi Logo distorted on startup???

Associate
Hello all, im having a few problems lately with my Comp and i reset the bios to optimized defaults which restored the show logo DFI logo setting, and i noticed the logo is distorted when it comes up looking similar to the windows logo when my X800XTPE's memory died, does this mean my board is broken?

It installs windows fine runs Oblivion and other programs ok but when i install CS and try 2 play it i get an error msg saying "memroy could not be read at...."

Sorry if this issue has been bought up before i did do a search but got nothing.

Cheers.

Caporegime
Drex said:
Hello all, im having a few problems lately with my Comp and i reset the bios to optimized defaults which restored the show logo DFI logo setting, and i noticed the logo is distorted when it comes up looking similar to the windows logo when my X800XTPE's memory died, does this mean my board is broken?

It installs windows fine runs Oblivion and other programs ok but when i install CS and try 2 play it i get an error msg saying "memroy could not be read at...."

Sorry if this issue has been bought up before i did do a search but got nothing.

Cheers.

When you say distorted, is it just the logo that is funny colours? Because my x1800xt is doing that too.

Associate
OP
Yea when i startup the pc the DFI logo is all distorted and blocky, but when i had and x800 xt it did a similar sort of thing and i had 2 get it replaced, is ** card still working?

Associate
OP
LoadsaMoney said:
Yep its normal, used to happen when i had a DFi mobo, looks like 8 colours or something, its nothing to wory about as its just a picture, i just turned it off from displaying. :)

Oh right well mines packed and was just about to contact DFI about rma'ing it but if your sure its nothing bad ill have another go at insalling windows and see if its somthing else, my mates just had his new 1 back from DFI and his is doing the same thing, Just cant understand why it would start doing that if nothing is wrong with it?

Caporegime
No its perfectly normal, as i said happened on my DFi board, it happens on all DFi boards with an ATi card as far as i know, you could flash the mobo's BIOS to make it look right, but why bother as its just a picture that says the name of your motherboard, if your really that bothered just turn the pic off from displaying in the BIOS. :D

Associate
OP
Oh right so its the ATI card that makes it do that! Cos at first mine was ok but thats when i had my 7800GTX in but i let a mate use that and im using an ATI for a while, glad u mentioned that cos i was still unclear about it all couldnt understand why it was ok at 1st then went funny.

Cheers.

Soldato
^ loadsamoney speaks the truth, there is just something about ATi cards and that boot up screen, i had a x1800xt 512mb that did the same thing, now on a 7900gt and it's fine! would worry about it

Associate
OP
Ok cool thanks a lot lads, i know its goin of the subject a bit but the mate who is using my 7800GTX wants to buy it for 200 quid was just wondering if the 7900GT's are faster than the 7800GTX's as the both have same memory and 24 pipes?

Also from what i have read i am under the impression that the 7900 cores are more clockable?

Cheers.

Soldato
i personall went from a 7800gtx to a 1800xt512 to a 7900gt and i am very very pleased with the 7900 it's very nice card quiet when overclocked and load temps are lower than the x1800xt was at idle! the 7900 overclocks superbly aswell people have reported the same speeds as 7900gtx's!

Caporegime
Drex said:
Ok cool thanks a lot lads, i know its goin of the subject a bit but the mate who is using my 7800GTX wants to buy it for 200 quid was just wondering if the 7900GT's are faster than the 7800GTX's as the both have same memory and 24 pipes?

Also from what i have read i am under the impression that the 7900 cores are more clockable?

Cheers.

I'd definately take that £200 for the GTX, prices in the MM are really bottoming out at the moment, treat yourself to a 7900GT, from what I've seen they're great clockers and run cool :)

Associate
OP
Spot on lads cheers for that, i rekon ill get 1 and wc it as i already have the Alphacool pump rad and nf4 cooler.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom