• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worthy Upgrade? X800GTO to 7600GT

Permabanned
Hey guys,
Well, as title says is this a good upgrade? Well, as you can see in my sig, I have a SLI MOBO, but an ATI card, so I've pretty much wanted an Nvidia card form the beginning. My gfx card seller is willing to trade my X800GTO in and to trade it for a 7600Gt, but I have to pay £65 extra. Is it worth the £65, so taht I can sli it later on, or should I keep my card, is the GT better performance etc.? Please give your views on this.
thanks

Soldato
If the GTO² is unlocked then it's a fair bit faster than the 7600GT, which performs somewhere between the levels of a 6800GS and 7800GT. The 7600GT will do Shader Model 3 though, if that's important to you.

Permabanned
OP
Well, mines not a GTO2, just a vanilla GTO, and its at stock speeds, and I also like my SM3 because I have games like Far Cry and AOE 3 which dont allow HDR on my card :) So how does the vanilla GTO and the 7600GT compare performance wise?

Soldato
Ah, my apologies then. :) I had just responded to a similar thread but about a GTO², I guess it's on the brain now. :D

A 7600GT would offer a good improvement over a GTO. :) You should go for it. :)

Permabanned
OP
OK thanks a lot for taht mate :) The thing thats getting in my head tho is that I wanna get another GT at about December time to get good performance, but then bloody DX10 is coming out, and I feel like I will be left alone with DX9 and cant play any new games :(
What should I do, oh what should I do!?

Permabanned
dave2k2005 said:
OK thanks a lot for taht mate :) The thing thats getting in my head tho is that I wanna get another GT at about December time to get good performance, but then bloody DX10 is coming out, and I feel like I will be left alone with DX9 and cant play any new games :(
What should I do, oh what should I do!?

my advice would be to spend that little extra £35 and get the Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-121-SP) £176 (that includes vat)

simply because if you buy the 7600GT thats on offer for this week only at £139.85(includes vat) its not going to have enough power to see you all the way through to directX 10 in 10 months time, you could find yourself having to compromise seriously on eye candy in a few months because you cant clock it anymore than you have and youl be wishing youd paid that extra £35 for the X1800XT :)

Back
Top Bottom