Quick Question RE: DOC Cover.

Soldato
Hi,

I' got my car insurance policy and certificate through today. Now, on the certificate it has the usual stuff listed, and underneath it says:

The policyholder, if they have a full EU Licence, may also drive, with the permission of the owner, any Private Motor Car subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.

Does this count as DOC cover?

Last edited:
Gangster
Permabanned
-westy- said:
Hi,

I' got my car insurance policy and certificate through today. Now, on the certificate it has the usual stuff listed, and underneath it says:

Does this count as DOC cover?

no, mine says something like that and its definatly not the proper DOC cover. probably means you can drive someone elses if you have doc cover (have to ask for it).

Man of Honour
If that's with Quinn Direct then it does count as DOC cover. I had the same on my policy and queried it with them. It might be worth giving them a call to confirm that though, just to be on the safe side.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
PMKeates said:
I've the same on my policy. Unfortunately it states in the T&Cs that the driver must be over 25 :(

What eh said, as it says "subject to the terms and conditions of the policy." you might find you are excluded in the conditions, best check :)

Associate
I have a Q!

i dont have DOC cover at the mo, but im told the cover is 3rd party
if i had DOC cover and i drove a friends car and had an accident with another car, who'd be covered? just the other person or would my friend be considered a 3rd party

Soldato
n3vrmind said:
I have a Q!

i dont have DOC cover at the mo, but im told the cover is 3rd party
if i had DOC cover and i drove a friends car and had an accident with another car, who'd be covered? just the other person or would my friend be considered a 3rd party
I'm afraid only the other car, property or person would be the 3rd party. Nice try though :p

Although if you were to drive in to your friend and break his arm, he could claim against you even though you were driving his car. He could not, however, claim for the damage done to the car when you mowed him down :)

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Yep that's DOC cover, is that with Quinn Direct? Sounds exactly like what's on my Policy. Good thing with them is there's no age restriction either :cool:

Back
Top Bottom