Road Bike Tyres

Soldato
I'm looking for some new road bike tyres for my Decathlon 7.1 after mine have got punctured twice in the space of a month. I'd really like some which are as puncture resistant as possible whilst not making the ride too harsh. If anyone could recommend some decent ones I'd be very grateful.

Soldato
Bontrage Racelite Hardcases tbh.

Although it has to be asked why an MXer and MTBer like KB is putting his name on road bike tyres?!.

If your having puncture problems, ultraseal does the job tbh, but will make your wheels heavier, the other option would be to go tubeless (I dunno how common it is now...) and then put something like Art Latex in the tube.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They look really good. Good price too :) Just read some reviews, are they really that hard to put on??

Thanks a lot mate.

Last edited:
Associate
Conti 4000's. I have never (touch wood) punctured them. If you are not worried about going too fast round corners then duraskins will not puncture.

The contis are very supple and stick well, the bonty's are less supple but i would imagine wear a little longer.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
SaBBz said:
Hmm, not sure what to do now! Will probably get a set of Bontrage Racelite Hardcases if they aren't that hard to get on!

Please please please take "getting on/off difficulty" into consideration (unless you are an expert or something) as the last thing you want is mucking round in the rain faffing with a stubborn tyre for a good time :p

Soldato
ojo said:
Please please please take "getting on/off difficulty" into consideration (unless you are an expert or something) as the last thing you want is mucking round in the rain faffing with a stubborn tyre for a good time :p
Hutchinson Fast Air > * tbh, not only is it an inflater (which are pretty common now) but it also has a sealant in it, so it'll atleast get you out the rain.
SaBBz said:
Will probably get a set of Bontrage Racelite Hardcases if they aren't that hard to get on!
Bontrager btw :p, I typo'd.

Back
Top Bottom