I think I've broke my camera

Associate
Just when I was starting to really get into photography, too. :o

It's a Fuji Finepix A210, and it takes XD memory cards. The problem with them is that they've suddenly stopped staying in the camera. They used to just push in and stay, then to release them, you push them in again and they pot out. But now it feels like whatever sort of catch holds onto the card is no more, and the card just comes right back out again. Shutting the cover bit doesn't help either, as it doesnt hold the card in the right position.

Is it dead, or do I have some hope of saving it? Short of taking it apart, that is. :o

Thanks
tTz

Associate
OP
It's just out of warranty. :(

Seems to be working every now and then now, had a bit of a fiddle with it, stuck a needle into the card slot. Must have knocked something back into place, the card does now stay in. But only sometimes, and who knows how long this will last? :o

Associate
Sounds likes it's a bit jammed with muck/dust, give the slot a blast with compressed air and wiggle the catch.

A210's got for £25 - £30 S/H on auction sites so I wouldn't worry too much, just get another one if it's knacked.

Associate
OP
tommy6206 said:
Time for an upgrade then.. :D

Heh, I wish I had the money. Saving every last penny for another guitar first...then another amp, a new keyboard, as many airsoft guns as it is possible to fit in this house, then another few guitars...:p

I have expensive hobbies. :D

Gungnir said:
A210's got for £25 - £30 S/H on auction sites so I wouldn't worry too much, just get another one if it's knacked.

I didn't realise they were so cheap, thanks for telling me. I'll keep that in mind in case it stops working completely. :)

Back
Top Bottom