One for JRS

Soldato
Again, at today's classic car meet. This car actually belongs to a mate of my Dad's. He's an electrician, and he did most of the wiring in our house. He lives round the corner from me, and has a huge fleet of these things. His garage is along the side of his house, and stretches from the front of his house all the way to the back of his garden!

Some details first:

DSC_0046-01a.jpg

DSC_0048-01a.jpg

DSC_0050-01a.jpg

DSC_0049-01a.jpg

Soldato
OP
DSC_0057-01a.jpg

DSC_0062-01a.jpg

DSC_0063-01a.jpg

One day I WILL have one of these! :D

I think its one of those rare ones that was actually coachbuilt in Italy. I think Classic American did a feature on these last month. Lovely car.

Soldato
OP
Zip said:
Where did you go to take all these pictures?

It was a local classic car meeting, organised by the local chapter of the Jaguar club. So there were loads of Jags, and load of other things too. I might do a thread with random shots in a minute or two. My parents were there with their Morgan - of which there were around 8 or 9 of them.

Zip said:
Can you go to a rally event sometime, I demand rally pics :D

Never done rally pics. Maybe one day. www.diesel-power.org.uk has galleries from the events I go to. There's two years worth of pictures on there. Take a look if you are interested. :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
I have a sneaking suspicion most of the engine bay goes unused though?

Depending on the year, that era of Lincoln Continental was fitted with either a 7.0, 7.5 or 7.6 litre V8. Not earth-shatteringly fast due to the weight, but lovely characteristics (huge torque at low, lazy revs).

Soldato
Mmmmmmmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Lovely car. That's the one they used towards the beginning of the original Matrix film isn't it? Where Neo gets the bug taken out his belly button...

Soldato
nice to see a lincoln owner, ive always wanted a mark 5 lincoln continental.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Continental_Mark_V

"The Mark V was tested by Germany`s leading car magazine "Auto Motor Und Sport" in 1978 and to this day (2005) holds the record as the least fuel efficient car ever tested by them, averaging no more than 7 mpg and giving only an (extrapolated) 3.5 mpg under full acceleration"

gotta love that 460cu v8 :D

Back
Top Bottom