Nabb MS Word question -.- (Screenshot)

Consigliere
Sigh how do i get around this? I want my name to be down a bit more - in the centre. Go ahead, laugh but this is something that has been annoying me and i know the majority of everything else in Word. :o

mswordproblem7iw.jpg

Soldato
Is the text in a text box or just on the page normally?

If its in a box, play about with the wrapping settings and you should be able to get it to resize and move it around as an object.

Consigliere
OP
I made a shape and then added the text...wait, i should have done a text box shouldn't i..lemme fiddle -.-

Back. No it's the same problem and the wrapping doesn't seem to make any difference. I want a box 1.4cm high and 4cm long - which i adjusted in the settings and then my name in the middle but at the moment, it's stuck closer to the top.

Associate
I think that you have to right click on the box, go to properties, go along to the layout tab and click "in line with text". After you've done this you should be able to just click on the box and align it like you would with text.

hope this helps :)

Soldato
What version of Word are you using? 2000?

Because on 2002/2003, it automatically creates a drawing canvas which allows free movement of the text box for me.

I swear I used to have similar problems with text boxes and it was either the wrapping of the text around the box or the box itself.

If all else fails, just create an image with your name in the middle in photoshop, make it the same width as the page and insert it :p

Consigliere
OP
Six6siX said:
What version of Word are you using? 2000?

Because on 2002/2003, it automatically creates a drawing canvas which allows free movement of the text box for me.

I swear I used to have similar problems with text boxes and it was either the wrapping of the text around the box or the box itself.

If all else fails, just create an image with your name in the middle in photoshop, make it the same width as the page and insert it :p

Yeah it's 2002. And it does creating that bizaare box thingy, yes. I'll try playing around a bit more. Photoshop? Don't think i have that... :(

Associate
If you want to centre it vertically in the box, right click, properties, text box tab and just tweak the top internal margin.

Back
Top Bottom