Sax-oh no not again!

Soldato
Ok i "may" need to sell my motor to raise some much needed funds due to work drying up and alternative work paying much less. :(

Now the problem is i really like this current car and so selling it would be the same as chopping my arm off, so if i was to sell i would not want to step back in performance or handling.

So my current idea is this,

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200618234215630

media2.jpg

Now if i could sell my car for £3800-£4000 and get this for £2600 after paying the extra insurance i would still have an extra £1k in my pocket, which would help a lot.

Is this a good idea or am i mad, ps i dont want to buy an older vtr. :)

Soldato
It seems sensible enough to me provided you can get what you expect for your car.

I'd just give any car a thorough check over, you don't want to get yourself lumbered with a shed that needs work doing to it.

Soldato
OP
thebrasso said:
It seems sensible enough to me provided you can get what you expect for your car.

I'd just give any car a thorough check over, you don't want to get yourself lumbered with a shed that needs work doing to it.

That is to be honest my worry, touch wood this car has provided me with 13 months trouble free motoring.

Tesla said:
How soon do you think your car would sell?

2-4 week maybe at the most.

Soldato
Just don't get caught out by buying something you have to invest the saving you have made in. It's easy to forget how much decent tyres, serviceing etc cost.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Tis a good idea, but £3800 - £4000 for a privately owned posi blue vtr - probably not as there are lots cheaper avaliable and it is a buyers market so unless it has stupidly low mileage I think you will struggle to get that :(

Soldato
OP
GT3 said:
Tis a good idea, but £3800 - £4000 for a privately owned posi blue vtr - probably not as there are lots cheaper avaliable and it is a buyers market so unless it has stupidly low mileage I think you will struggle to get that :(

It has 34k, what do you think i can get i was thinking put it up for £4k and sell for £3750-3800.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
cymatty said:
It has 34k, what do you think i can get i was thinking put it up for £4k and sell for £3750-3800.

If you find someone who really wants the car then yes that is a good price for you and them but unfortunately there are so many about that some are going for silly money. An 03 plate black one with 17k miles went for £3500 on saxo sports club a month or two back. But yeah its worth sticking it up for that and see what you get. Mines a year older than yours but its only got 24k miles and in a rare colour and I paid £2900 with a fancy stereo in it.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
cymatty said:
Damm doesnt look good then. :(

Can't get a new shape vts with sensible mileage for cheaper than that one i posted neither. :(

There was a Wicked Red X reg VTS with less than 40k miles on for £2995 last week when I was looking, shame insurance said no :(

Associate
Seems to me not just the most sensible choice but the only choice. Not wanting to go in the opposite direction performance and handling wise, i can't really see a viable alternative to the VTS without spending more.

thedazman

Back
Top Bottom