Post Office Problem

I was selling lots of my pointless items on ebay in the months of feb, march and beginning of april and one of them was a dreamcast with games and assesories etc for £40. However this item was lost in the post (so i beleive) might not be as buyer could be lying.

Anyways when i emailed the buyer after he won the auction i said if he'd like insurance just ask and i will add a little to the postage cost, however he never said yes to it so i sent the item using standard 3-5 days parcel thing, with proof of postage covering up to £30. Now as it got lost i had to get a form to fill out and try and claim the £30 back from the post office, to give the buyer back and i keep the £40 he gave me. Now the problem i have is that when i sent the form off to the post office i sent it along with the proof of postage as it was required, but i forgot to scan it. Now the buyer has opened up a claim against me on ebay as said that he will wiat a while for the post office to respond and then if not he will claim the money back and leave bad feedback. What i want to know is that is there anything i can do to stop him from claiming the money back as after all he didnt want insurance. Im going to ring the postoffice tomorrow to see whats happening and maybe try and get the proof of postage back but what if they cant do that? what do i do?

Soldato
Show that your item didnt cover insurance + the email that he didnt want it.

Proof you sent the item.

That should be enough.

Soldato
OP
zain said:
Show that your item didnt cover insurance + the email that he didnt want it.

Proof you sent the item.

That should be enough.

well like i said problem is that i sent thwe proof of postage, and now for some reason it appears that the emails from when it was sold are not in my folder, does ebay automaticlally delete them after a certain time? its i beleive been more then 60 days. Also its not that he said he didnt want it, it was that i emailed saying congrad etc, and if youd like insurance just ask, and i got no reply about insurance, just that the address is this etc.

Back
Top Bottom