Returning a faulty Item to Homebase

Associate
Hi all,

Last weekend I purchased a shower from Homebase, and after I got it home and tried to install it, the shower ended up to be faulty. So I went into Homebase today 1 week after I bought the shower and told them it was faulty, all they said to me was it's not there problem and I have to contact the manufactor. I didn't argue with them and walked away, but later on I was told that they should offer me a replacement shower or my money back. Since I have only had it 7 days.

I don't really know much about the rules and laws and such. But I would have thought that I would be at least entitled to my money back or a replacement. So is there anyone who could give me advice, or what I should say when I try to take it back again ( or if I can ) Are they right in saying it's not there fault, even though the product was faulty out of the box.

:confused:

Thanks

Myth

Man of Honour
If the product is clearly fault out of the box, then they have a duty to replace it. However if they could have reason to believe it could have been damaged by incorrect fitting then they might refuse.

What type of shower is it you bought, and how did you have to fit it?

Soldato
That’s odd, we normally replace them if they are broken. Idiots on the desk :p . Try again but at a different time - Someone else should be on the desk.

Suspended
i returned a hedge trimmer that broke 2 days after buying it from homebase, i had already opened it myself trying to fix it, it had screws missing as well as no box, reciept or accesories an they basically exchanged it from a brand spanking new one, no questions asked

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice :)

I bought a Topaz T100si 9.5KW shower, I wasn't sure if I could post the link, it is quite an expensive shower £224.

I followed the instructions when installing it, and commisioned it properly. I am an electrician by trade but I have fitted a few showers before, it just kept flashing an error message Low Pressure on the display. I even got a plumber out to check it out, he said it was an electrical fault on the PCB board which I assumed.

Myth

Back
Top Bottom