One of the best games I've played

dal

dal

Associate
It has to be dungeon keeper 1 & 2 . Absolutely supurb, even my wife used to play that for long periods of time & she's not even into computer games.
I would hate to think how many hours I've wasted playing that - in fact might even install it again and give it a whirl. Is there anything out there along those lines now ?

Man of Honour
The nearest anyone ever came was "Evil Genius" form a year or two ago. But EG was a pale immitation of DK and DL2: there were only about four missions, which lasted ages. But it meant that if you got the evil lair design wrong you were pretty much stuck with it. I gave up after about four hours.

But Dungeon Keeper and sequal I played for hours and hours. Played the original through three times,then the Deeper Dungeons expansion about the same. I never did finish DK2 though: I kept having to refomat the computer. But I played the first fifteen levels or say at least twice. I have to say that while DK2 had much better graphics (natch), the original had vastly better gameplay. The trouble with DK2 was that most dungeons could really only be played one way, whereas the original was a lot more flexable.

But best of all were the Deeper Dungeons.

M

Associate
Agreed, plus I wasnt so keen on the way Horny was implemented in the second. It just wasnt as much fun as having him as an actual 'Must give him his own lair cause he is lord and oh god dont wee him off' creature lol.

Man of Honour
Locrian said:
Agreed, plus I wasnt so keen on the way Horny was implemented in the second. It just wasnt as much fun as having him as an actual 'Must give him his own lair cause he is lord and oh god dont wee him off' creature lol.

I found that you just needed to give him some money every so often and he calmed down. Then I'd drop him near some enemies and then slap him a couple of times. Once watched a level 8 horned reaper take out four level 10 enemy on his own. In one game I carried across a level 10 HR to the new game and he won it on his own in 12 minutes - and I hadn't even realised he was doing it!

M

Back
Top Bottom