7900gtx/x1900xt +sn25p questions

Associate
OK so i'm buying either a x1900xt or 7900gtx for my sn25p shuttle pc.

my question is, do i need to buy a y molex power splitter(so i can seperate one molex power output into 2 molex's), or shall i just plug 1 molex into the pci-e power convertor cable bundled with the gfx card???.

one more thing, will the x1900xt temperatures be ok in a sn25p?? i'm imagining they will be the same as any other pc as the fan is enclosed within the plastic of the Heatsink compartment, and exhausts hot air directly out the case.

but its better to be safe than sorry.

thanks in advance!!!

Soldato
AceCard said:
OK so i'm buying either a x1900xt or 7900gtx for my sn25p shuttle pc.

my question is, do i need to buy a y molex power splitter(so i can seperate one molex power output into 2 molex's), or shall i just plug 1 molex into the pci-e power convertor cable bundled with the gfx card???.

one more thing, will the x1900xt temperatures be ok in a sn25p?? i'm imagining they will be the same as any other pc as the fan is enclosed within the plastic of the Heatsink compartment, and exhausts hot air directly out the case.

but its better to be safe than sorry.

thanks in advance!!!

I have tried a 7800 successfully myself, and others on here have used both a 7900 and a X1900 so you should be ok, no splitter should be required

Associate
See my sig for context.
Underload my temps are fine. I cant remember them off hand; but with Far Cry set to max settings, AA, AF and HDR, the CPU, internal case temperatures and gfx card core temperatures were fine. Ill post back with some figures.

Soldato
PlatinumFX said:
See my sig for context.
Underload my temps are fine. I cant remember them off hand; but with Far Cry set to max settings, AA, AF and HDR, the CPU, internal case temperatures and gfx card core temperatures were fine. Ill post back with some figures.

My sig - all good, temps were very reasonable. Fan shroud had to come off in my case but i belive you can get away with it on certain models.

Back
Top Bottom