who sold there games pc for a 360?

Associate
hi all, im just trying to find out who here sold there games pc for a xbox 360 and wether you regret it or not??

im thinkin of doin that and im not sure if i should! just gettin a bit sick of tryin to keep up! lol! its gettin too expensive in the pc world, 360 should be good for a few years!

Associate
Never..NEVER sell your PC for a console, PC's are useful for EVERYTHING and as good as the gameplay is on 360, PCs are where its at..Get the cash some other way....You can get by with only one kidney right?

Associate
OP
hhmm, i wouldnt have to sell it all, i would just have to scale down, lol!
eg, sell the xfx7800gt extreme, get sum shoddy gs or somethink and wait for dx10. sell the 3gig opty and put me 144 back in. lose the xfi and put audigy2 back in. maybe replace the pc4800 with me backup corsair valueram.

the other thing is to sell all me 939 stuff, dig out me old socket a gear, have a bit of fun with me xpm and play on a 360 while i wait/decide for am2 or conroe. im not sure what to do! grrr, i hate decisions!

Associate
OP
ahh, one luxury of having a seperate games pc i spose! i have always got other systems for surfing the web and all the usual, i have a dfi xp3200 setup i "gave" to my wife to soften her up for when i bought my 7800! could have some fun with that or one of me xpm's

Associate
In the process of doing just that. I bought an ibook about 6 months ago, lets me do a bit of work at home, surf the net and all in front of the TV. So my PC became nothing more than a gaming machine.

I just got peed off with the amout it was costing to keep the thing upto date. I also don't get a lot of time to play games, so when I do, I want it to work. I don't want to download drivers, make sure the setup is right or look for that elusive patch. Hence I bought an XBOX360 and ditched the PC for gaming. Overall I'm very happy and believe it was the right decision.

The only thing I miss are games like "Civilisation" and "Rome TOTAL War", you just can't do these kinds of games on a console. But then again, I don't have the time anymore to play them anyway.

Providing you can pair your console with a lappy then I think it's the way to go.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i dunno, im torn, i love my pc, but im just sic kof the cost of tryin to stay current! with dx10 round the corner and the new intel and amd lineup looming the price of my components is gunna take a sharp kicking, again.

might just sell up while they are still worth something..

Soldato
My pc is also a general purpose work machine so I can't sell it as I depend on it for internet use, work use and watching films & tv since it's a PVR. Nothing can ever replace that. I've got no games left on this pc now aside from Age of Empires II - my all time fav rts.

I am considering rebuilding this pc into an SFF one (barton 2500+/6800GT/1.5gb ram).

Soldato
I did that and best thing i have done for me, enjoy gaming loads more on the the 360 than the pc, just use me old P4, 3.4 gig for normal pc stuff now.

Soldato
I had two PC's, I've combined them into one smaller machine and sold most of the expensive kit like my SLI GTX's and the dual core CPU. I still have a pretty decent PC it's just worth a lot less than it used to be :p

I haven't touched a PC for games since I got the 360 in December and don't really see that changing any time soon.

Associate
No way would I downgrade to a 360! I need the functionality of a PC anyway and it plays all the same games as an Xbox only better. The one next gen (!) system I am interested in is a Nintendo wii as it seems to complement a decent PC perectly. Mario, Monkeyball and a low price is more than enough to sway me.

Associate
downgrade to audigy 2 from the xfi. downgrade the ram and downgrade the proccessor. Keep the graphics card...

There you go, you've just got yourself a small wad of cash, and you can game on your pc pretty much as good as before and play 360.

Soldato
G.O.A.T said:
No way would I downgrade to a 360! I need the functionality of a PC anyway and it plays all the same games as an Xbox only better. The one next gen (!) system I am interested in is a Nintendo wii as it seems to complement a decent PC perectly. Mario, Monkeyball and a low price is more than enough to sway me.

Well, I still have all the functionality and can play any game I want to on the PC, which is none right now as there is absolutely nothing on the PC I want to play.

Plays all the same games as the Xbox only better?! :eek: Is that how you see the 360?

Soldato
I sold most of my games p.c off and just use my laptop with hdd caddy for all of my downloading/surfing/work related stuff.

Games are purely on the 360 now.:D

No doubt that when i finish my p.c room i'll build myself something capable.

Soldato
if the xbox360 had a internet browser like the PS3 looks like having then yeah i would have got rid of my PC in a flash. The browser in the ps3 looks interesting, (if a little slow at the moment, but i think its a good move by Sony

Associate
wyrdo said:
Plays all the same games as the Xbox only better?! :eek: Is that how you see the 360?

Well I'm a graphics whore so as a PC replacement the 360 just doesn't cut it. I need exclusive content and innovative features (perhaps motion sensing controllers) to get me to buy a machine that exclusively plays games, something both the PS3 and the Wii look to have now.

Back
Top Bottom