Anyone watch HANNIBAL last night?

Soldato
I thought it kicked ass! It was a good attempt at telling the story of one of the best generals of all time. I would have prefered a little more detail about Hannibals tactics on how he defeated the legions at each of the major battles until Zama, but hey. For the budget, it was fantastic and a fresh change from those god-awful victorian period dramas the bbc is always doing. My only other complaint is that they could have gotten someone a little more ballsy to play Scipio Africanus though, he was a bit dry!

I noticed the frickin Metro reviewer gave it 2 out of 5, bloody hippy left winger! Couldnt possibly rate a show that had some of the most famous battles and generals of all time, no way!

Incidentally, it has totally set me up for Rome season 2, but we have to wait a whole year for it! Nay!

Man of Honour
I thought it was superb and loved every minute of it.

I also agree that the BBC shoudl spend its money on this sort of thing instead of period dramas, dodgy sit coms and, dare I upset the geeks, crap like Doctor Who (am I the only person on the planet who thinks it is appalling?)

Soldato
I thought it was great, quite detailed and entertaining. I agree that the BBC should be spending more money on documentaries like this. I hope they have another of series of Battlefield with Peter Snow and his son in the works. :)

Soldato
It was not too bad historically either - I did Ancient Roman History last year and actually have the book "The Fall of Carthage" written by Dr Adrian Goldsworthy who was the historical consultant...

A few parts were over simplified too much (such as the siege of Saguntum - wasn't entirely accurate that Carthage provoked Rome without reason here) but overall a good watch!

Back
Top Bottom