Help with Exam Question

im donig past exam papers for ITGS atm and am stuck on this question so fast responses would be wonderful.

There is a picture of 3 computers conected using wires to a HUB which then is connected to a file server and a laser printer again by wires, and it asks what type of network is this?

A. peer-peer, im sure it isn't this one
B. a wide area network where 3 cmoputers a connected via a wiring HUB, i think its this one but not sure
C. A client/server network. not sure what this is? anyone fill me in?
D. A Stand alone network with connection to the internt via a HUB, pretty sure its not this one as there is no internet connection.

thanks for the help guys

[EDIT]
Also while you're at it, which system should be included in a system input to avoid incorrect output? i thought it was a value checker. other options given are, searching, selecting, and analysing.

Associate
Client/Server

no, because they state a file server

B. a wide area network where 3 cmoputers a connected via a wiring HUB, i think its this one but not sure
no, WAN only if there is a router involved to get off the LAN

yes, All the PC users are clients and get all the info off of the server

D. A Stand alone network with connection to the internt via a HUB, pretty sure its not this one as there is no internet connection.
Exactly, the hub doesnt go on the internet, the hub needs a connection to an internet device ( Router again)

Associate
rayer said:
Client/Server

no, because they state a file server

no, WAN only if there is a router involved to get off the LAN

yes, All the PC users are clients and get all the info off of the server

Exactly, the hub doesnt go on the internet, the hub needs a connection to an internet device ( Router again)
Ditto, its C mate :D

Can i ask, what course are you doing?

Soldato
OP
Smithy said:
Ditto, its C mate :D

Can i ask, what course are you doing?

thanks guys for all the help, well i just did and a quetion very similiar came up which was brilliant. Exam went very well, felt liike i got most questions right, possibly around 95%, a few am uncertain but i gave it a shot and answered everything more then asked and could have gone on for longer but rang out of space.

Im doing the international Baculariate (cant remeber spelling lol), and this exam was paper 1 of ITGS at Higher Level. Next year im hoping to do something at the local college as a part time to increase my skills, and aswell teach myself silly at home, and then go to university studying something to do with computers, im loving learning webbuilding, photo editing, and not learning yet but watching training videos in making games etc so am not sure what to study and where.

thanks for the help again guys, really apperciate it

Back
Top Bottom