NVRaid - Windows needs drivers?

Soldato
Just hooked up my second 36GB Raptor for some RAID 0 goodness only to find Windows couldn't see it on install. I don't have a FDD and I don't have the mobo box etc with me.

Is my only way to Slipstream the drivers onto the Install CD?

Also, what are the chances of getting something like Norton Ghost supporting an NVRaid array? By that I mean a Boot CD so I can create Images of Drives / Partitions etc, ie NOT within Windows.

Associate
Jimbo Mahoney said:
Just hooked up my second 36GB Raptor for some RAID 0 goodness only to find Windows couldn't see it on install. I don't have a FDD and I don't have the mobo box etc with me.

Is my only way to Slipstream the drivers onto the Install CD?

Also, what are the chances of getting something like Norton Ghost supporting an NVRaid array? By that I mean a Boot CD so I can create Images of Drives / Partitions etc, ie NOT within Windows.

For about £6 you can buy a floppy drive - easy way out even if you don't fit it permanently.

Ghost should see the drive OK, the RAID BIOS kicks in before Ghost boots up and reports the RAID like any other HD.

Associate
I use version 9 (latest is 10 but it's buggy from reports). I still have to use F6 to load SATA or RAID drivers when it boots from the CD. If you're using the original 'Norton Ghost' as opposed to the Powerquest version (which Symantec bought and rebadged as 'Ghost') then you might have a problem.

Soldato
There are several reports of Ghost failing with RAID arrays - the only decent option being Acronis True Image Home 9.0 - it's based on their corporate version and is quite good I find.

Back
Top Bottom