Awesome - Been accepted for HP OV training

Suspended
Awesomeness - Just had the confirmation email from HP accepting me for NNM training - big relief, being as I think nearly every networking student at uni applied and they were only taking 25, will hook us up with jobs too if we pass :)

Wicked! Well happy now, didnt think I'd get it either as I mesed up on two of the questions on a couple of tests they made us do.

Had tod o some ninja editing on my MySpace though to make me seem slightly more apealing after someone said they'd be searching for our email addresses on there to see what we get upto :eek:

Anyway - I'm well happy now and have the Kooks (Naive) on reeeeally loud!

Don
Congrats. NNM is a hard field to get in to but there is always demand for the skills. Easy to cross train on Tivoli too.
Don't stay blinkered to NNM though. OV ServiceDesk and ITSM is where the money is at in the HP world at the moment.

Suspended
OP
Rilot said:
Congrats. NNM is a hard field to get in to but there is always demand for the skills. Easy to cross train on Tivoli too.
Don't stay blinkered to NNM though. OV ServiceDesk and ITSM is where the money is at in the HP world at the moment.

Yeah, I've been pouring through the whole openview lineup for ideas anyway as I'm trying to write some software and I like the way OV works. Once I get NNM under my belt (7 week course) I'll try and get certified for some of the other packages when I get time.

Suspended
My last job consisted almost entirely of HPOV stuff. Many a late night swearing at the report builder trying to get it to display the correct data, bodging my way round SNMP errors, trawling a seemingly endless log file... Why did I do it again? :confused:

I'd say have fun, but you won't ;)

Seriously though, well done, it's a good skill to be able to put on a CV and one which is hard to blag if you lie about it.

Soldato
Nozzer said:
My last job consisted almost entirely of HPOV stuff. Many a late night swearing at the report builder trying to get it to display the correct data, bodging my way round SNMP errors, trawling a seemingly endless log file... Why did I do it again? :confused:

oh how can you say that... it's great fun, especially when you're stuck migrating data at 4am because the damn thing won't work properly :D

Suspended
OP
Nozzer said:

Meh!

Suspended
OP
georges said:
excellent!..

what is that?

HP (Helette Packard) have a software family called OV (OpenView), NNM (Network Node Manager) is what I'll be gettin training for, as HP have now realised they can't hit their sales targets, if theres not enough people out there in idustry qualified to use the Software. Or Summit.

Back
Top Bottom