Heavy Rain

Man of Honour
Thesnipergecko said:
Depth of field was nice, i think the lip sync and voice were appauling tbh.

Paul ...

Think the whole video sync went off towards the end, but it was still pretty bad for the lip sync overall. It looks like a more detailed/advanced Fahrenheit engine from that clip, I'm just hoping it works on being a game like Fahrenheit, but better :)

Soldato
There are bits in the demo that are damn convincing and make me forget I'm watching something computer generated.

One is where she gets up and walks toward the fridge and the other is at the end moving towards the camera with the gun pointing.

I missed out on Fahrenheit, worth picking up? Is the XBOX version BC with the 360?

Man of Honour
GuruJockStrap said:
There are bits in the demo that are damn convincing and make me forget I'm watching something computer generated.

One is where she gets up and walks toward the fridge and the other is at the end moving towards the camera with the gun pointing.

I missed out on Fahrenheit, worth picking up? Is the XBOX version BC with the 360?

Fahrenheit, definately worth it, though doesn't looks as though it is backwards compatible with the 360. It's available on PC too, and doesn't need too much of a beast to run it either I don't think.

Man of Honour
322bca2d.jpg

tbh

Soldato
If that's how things are going to be in future games, I don't think I'll be playing them. I don't honestly see what was meant to be so good about that. The lip-synching was terrible, and her facial expressions were just scarily unconvincing. Real people don't talk like that or pull faces like that. Not to mention there is just a huge void of nothingness inside her mouth behind those teeth.

Associate
CHokKA said:
If that's how things are going to be in future games, I don't think I'll be playing them. I don't honestly see what was meant to be so good about that. The lip-synching was terrible, and her facial expressions were just scarily unconvincing. Real people don't talk like that or pull faces like that. Not to mention there is just a huge void of nothingness inside her mouth behind those teeth.

Don't forget that was mearly a tech demo. I must admit, while very rough around the edges, the clip did portray cinematic emotion in a very convincing way. All they need is that style of film with something more polished and I would enjoy it.

As an example of things to come, not-so-great

As an example of the type of emotion and cinematics next gen hardwear can produce, very very good.

EDIT: I did find the mouth to be quite good. I know people who talk in that sort of style and they have trouble moving thier mouth correctly.

Last edited:
Soldato
While I don't disagree that as a tech demo it's fairly decent, I must admit that even the animation in Half-Life 2 beats that. The facial effects in that game are amazing and that's a few years old already. There was nothing next-gen about that demo at all.

Caporegime
CHokKA said:
While I don't disagree that as a tech demo it's fairly decent, I must admit that even the animation in Half-Life 2 beats that. The facial effects in that game are amazing and that's a few years old already. There was nothing next-gen about that demo at all.
I would have to disagree I'm afraid, I didn't think the Animation in Half Life 2 was as 'amazing' as it was made out to be.

If you're looking at quality of Animation, then Ico and God of War would provide 2 examples of incredible animation. Another game with great animation is Prince of Persia (the original).

Soldato
The animation in HL2 was pretty good, moreso than that tech demo that's come along a few years down the line. At least it didn't look like the character was about to break down into fits of spasms when they were speaking. There was just something wrong with the way her mouth was animated in that demo.

Soldato
Personally i thought it was amazing!

I thought the movement was extremely good, over emphasised like any acting.

Interested in whats to come of this game now...

Back
Top Bottom