Need help please! Trouble playing a Lan game. :-(

Soldato
Hi all,

I need some help from more knowledgable people please. :)

I'm trying to play TA (Total Annihilation) again over my home network, but I'm having some trouble getting it to work. I've installed the IPX-protocool which the game requires and tested that the network is working correctly. i.e. both PC's can ping themselves and each other, so I was hoping that would be enough, as both run software firewalls meaning they are able to see each other. Also the home network (sharing files) is working ok as well. I've basically added the MAC addresses to the firewalls. :)

However, I think my router may be blocking some "special" ports perhaps which are needed?? as in the game if I create a game on PC1 (the wireless connected PC); PC2 cannot see it. :confused: However, if I create the game on PC2; then PC1 (the wireless connected) can see it...but when I click join nothing happens. :(

Is there anything I can check or try please???? I've ran out of ideas!

Many Thanks!!!!

Soldato
OP
No matter, I sorted it myself. There was a "game" mode option on the router which has allowed TCP/IP connection to work, instead of trying to use crappy IPX. :D

Happy Times!

Soldato
Glad you got it working, as TA is one of the greatest games of all times :D Have you added any extra units? I installed it again a few months back, and added some third party unit pack, which must have added several hundred extra unit types. I was spoilt for choice in the end.

Soldato
OP
messiah khan said:
Glad you got it working, as TA is one of the greatest games of all times :D Have you added any extra units? I installed it again a few months back, and added some third party unit pack, which must have added several hundred extra unit types. I was spoilt for choice in the end.

Cheers, ooooooh yes, I think its called the TAUCP (Unit Pack)? It adds around 250 new units and some different buildings. That was one of the first things I put on before playing as it is almost as if I am playing it for the first time. Still a great game, one of the old(est) ones I have that does a 1280x1024 res! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom