Computer not detecting wireless network.

Associate
I have enabled my wireless ap, but the things i am trying are just not allowing my computer to detect the router, just keep getting 'no wireless networks in range' or something similar. What can i do to make it detect it?

Cheers.

Associate
ensure it is on the correct channel - although chances are this is OK, i think some adaptors cannot see channels higher than 11.

ie 12 and 13 - due to some country legal lmitations (i think the UK can have channels 1-13), but some equipment may be from the US or something like that.....

in short: use a channel between 1 and 11.

Alex

Permabanned
disable DHCP service on the access point
assign a unique, static IP address to the access point that falls within the router's allowed address range
Select AP mode

Set the Channel and SSID

Associate
OP
crashuk said:
disable DHCP service on the access point
assign a unique, static IP address to the access point that falls within the router's allowed address range
Select AP mode

Set the Channel and SSID

Channel is 11.
Can i check my computer is on 11 aswell or should it scan all channels?

I would be doing this is 'Lan Configuration' 'WLAN Interface', that sound right?

Permabanned
Brains said:
Channel is 11.
Can i check my computer is on 11 aswell or should it scan all channels?

I would be doing this is 'Lan Configuration' 'WLAN Interface', that sound right?
see if its on the same channel

Associate
checkout Netstumbler - it is a piece of software that uses your wifi adaptpr to search and scan for local networks. it will show the strength of signals, channels, SSIDs, and show the signal strength even if the ssid is hidden(afaik)....

Could be useful.....

Alex

Associate
IP address is going have nothing to do with this at the moment - It's not even associating with the AP at this point

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers for your wireless card?

Your SSID - is it just one word? no spaces / funny characters / stupidly long?

What AP and wireless network card are you using out of interest?

You don't need to tell you're machine what channel either.

Associate
OP
michellez said:
IP address is going have nothing to do with this at the moment - It's not even associating with the AP at this point

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers for your wireless card?

Your SSID - is it just one word? no spaces / funny characters / stupidly long?

What AP and wireless network card are you using out of interest?

You don't need to tell you're machine what channel either.

No just a basic word, all drivers up to date, its a toshiba L10-300 laptop, the wireless card is a 'INPROCOMM IPN2220 WIRELESS LAN CARD' standard in the laptop and i'm trying to connect to a 'DYNAMODE R-ASDL-C4WG USB REMOTE NDIS DEVICE', those are the names from device manager.

Permabanned
do this uninstall the wireless card on your laptop the turn it of then remove the card, turn on the laptop then install the drivers for the card and then turn it off install the card turn it ok, make sure there is no cable to the router from the laptop or pc, then run that programe.

Back
Top Bottom