Recommend me a restaurant in London

Soldato
Wedding anniversary today, so we're off out for a meal this evening, but dunno where to go - at this rate it'll be Pizza Express as per usual :)

Colleague at work has recommended the International (http://www.theinternational.uk.com/index.asp) which looks lovely, but want a couple of other options in case we're not in the mood for 'pan asian'.

Looking for places in either the West End or the City, nothing too formal as I'm wearing cargos today ;)

Associate
Maxwells bar and grill in Covent Garden is an awesome place.

Just outside the tube station going towards the plaza bit.

Even better monday madness means that all meals are 1/2 price...T bone steak for £6.99 (if i remember correctly) XD XD XD and its damn good, very posh (ok not real posh, but very well presented)...like a slightly more stylish old orleans...

Soldato
If you want indian food, go to Brick Lane... mmmnn lots of choice. I went to Chillies, was very very good.

If you have the day, it's close to the Science and Nat. Hist. Museums. :)

Soldato
OP
Ransom said:
The Ivy

you carnt really go wrong here :)
*never been myself though*

Heh, yeah that had popped into my mind, but we only decided to book somewhere yesterday and if you manage to get a booking with only a couple of weeks notice you're bloody lucky at the Ivy.

Never been either, but have walked past a couple of times.

Soldato
OP
[DOD]Asprilla said:
If it's your anniversary, why not take her up the Oxo? I've been up the Oxo before and it's great, but I'm having some difficulty persuading the other half.

http://www.oxotower.co.uk/indexIE.html

I'm not sure about the Oxo, I've heard it can be a real squeeze to get into and I'm not sure my wife will enjoy it?

If you like Thai then try the Blue Elephan in Fulham, probably the best in London.

The Gaucho Grill is also good.

Will have to try the Gaucho sometime - has been recommended before by friends (but I'd forgotten prior to this thread) and I do like a nice rare steak :)

Soldato
For something a little different there are two restaurants in Tower 42 in the city; Gary Rhodes has one on the 24th floor (Rhodes 24) and then there is Vertigo on the 42nds Floor which also offers a sunset champagne bar with amazing views of London.

I've not been to either, but I've heard good things about both, can't comment on cost though.

Soldato
Von Luck said:
I'm not sure about the Oxo, I've heard it can be a real squeeze to get into and I'm not sure my wife will enjoy it?

Once seated it's not a squeeze - the bar can be, but if you're going there to eat just don't go to the bar. Beautiful views of St Paul's etc.. expensive place to go (~£130 for two) - but if that's not a problem - GO

fini

EDIT: this is the link to the restaurant's own website

Last edited:
Soldato
Maze is very nice, although I think it's a tiny bit over £50 for the set dinner :/

Ditto Pied a Terre

But then again, anniversaries only come once a year :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom