Fiesta ST vs Mini Cooper S

Caporegime
I'm looking at new (second hand) cars and I can get insured on both of the above at around £1k, now there is about £2000 difference between a Cooper S and the equivelent ST on second hand values, infact, I think the brand new values also have a similar difference.

Thing is, are you getting £2000 more car in the mini? Keep seeing lots on the road but no many Cooper S's, can't recall seeing a Fiesta ST at all... love the supercharger whine on the Cooper S but people have called the new mini girly? Whereas with the Fiesta ST I've read that it's quite a detatched driving experience and that the equivelent diesel is more fun :confused:

What are peoples oppinions on these two cars? They seem around about the same power given the mini's extra weight.

olv

olv

Soldato
i love the mini, very solid little cars, feel very planted, i really like the the interior too, good residuals. No brainer for me, but then the fiesta looks like a mini mpv :/

Soldato
there is absoloutely no competition between the CS and the ST. The CS beats in every which way possible from a drivers point of view. The CS is lacking in the space department though.

Soldato
I've not driven the Fiesta but I have driven the Cooper S. Fantastic car to drive, superb handling and goes like stink. Also goes through fuel like there is a hole in the tank :o . Looks wise the mini wins hands down too, just make sure you get one with the chilli pack.

The Fiesta would have to be an incredibly good car to make me choose it over the Mini.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
I followed a Mini Cooper which was really going for it the other day and wow, it really does handle. I was surprised!

Fiesta is a cool car though and you'll probably get more for your money. When the Mini is replaced residuals may drop so the Fiesta might make more financial sense long term too.

Associate
Definatly the copper S. My dad has a ST and it just doesnt feel exciting enough even compared to my mk2 golf gti. The cooper S also has the option of the works kit if you like that sort of thing.

Associate
Although i'm not a fan of the interior or the weight, the CoopS is certainly the better all round car & as long as your happy to stretch the budget to find that extra £2k it's the one to go for.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Coco said:
Although i'm not a fan of the interior or the weight, the CoopS is certainly the better all round car & as long as your happy to stretch the budget to find that extra £2k it's the one to go for.

I agree, the ST150 is a fantastic little car and well worth the money BUT the cooper S if only £2000 would be IMO worth every extra penny. TBH i thought there was more than £2000 between them

Sam

Back
Top Bottom