Duron 850 with no fan?

Soldato
Would an AMD Duron 850MHz survive with no fan installed on the stock heatsink if all it was being used for is Downloading & being used as an FTP server?

Its just the stock HSF is still cold to touch & i just finished installing windows on it.

Currently has a little 60mm fan stuck to it that came with my P4 1.7 Wilamette cooler years ago.

Caporegime
Iamzod said:
Would an AMD Duron 850MHz survive with no fan installed on the stock heatsink if all it was being used for is Downloading & being used as an FTP server?

Its just the stock HSF is still cold to touch & i just finished installing windows on it.

Currently has a little 60mm fan stuck to it that came with my P4 1.7 Wilamette cooler years ago.

Give it a try, if you have voltage options see if you can undervolt it :)

Does the BIOS have temp monitoring, might be worth seeing if MBM5 can get you temp monitoring.

Make sure the heatsink is well seated with fresh TIM, you'll want to maximise heat transfer, if you find its getting too hot you could put a silent 80/120mm fan blowing over it, or even better a temp regulated fan, you wouldn't need a lot of airflow.

Back
Top Bottom