Calling Pegasus Mail users

Permabanned
I'm an avid fan of Pegasus Mail. But I've come across a problem, which has stopped me installing the latest version.

Reformatted months ago, installed latest Pegasus Mail 4.31 (as you do). Like hell could I set it to my default email client. Wasn't showing up in Internet Explorer (Tools > Options > Programs), and my Mail button on my MS keyboard wouldn't bring it up. Same when I clicked email hyperlinks.

Got fedup, so installed 4.21c without any of the mentioned problems.

Anyway, had to reformat on Saturday. So I thought I'd try PM 4.31 again - with exactly the same results. Can't find where I should be setting PM to be my default mail client, so I'm stuck with 4.31 in the meantime. :(

Anybody got any suggestions?

Permabanned
OP
bump2.gif

Permabanned
Ticking the option for "Use pegasus for mailto: links" *should* do it BUT it doesnt appear to work with this new version.

Ah well, a bug in Pegasus, not particularly surprising tbh- you should see what it does with its IMAP connections ;)

Permabanned
OP
Managed to sort my problem.

With 4.21c installed, I exported the registry keys needed to for Window to know how to control Pegasus. I changed these to the new file's paths in 4.31, and all is good again. :)

Back
Top Bottom