• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 7950GX2

Associate
@^^^
PCB size and layout and these use 7900 mobile chips that run cooler n draw less power, still 143w for the total card(s) tho

Permabanned
foxxx said:
@^^^
PCB size and layout and these use 7900 mobile chips that run cooler n draw less power, still 143w for the total card(s) tho

Thats excelent for SLI and the performance you would get.. Will the 7950GX2 be available to from OCUK? :p

Associate
My rig couldn't and wouldn't be able to fully utilize two 250MB 7800GTX in sli :D so I wont be bothered with anything new until I see some good DX10 performers with CPU's that can really squeeze every bit of juice from them :p

P.S. I think, as were're being CPU limited currently does also suggest that we become GPU limited in the future if Both AMD and Intel did their homework and produced something revolutionary. ;) Hope for the best.

Soldato
Did anyone see the bit on an overclocker called Fugger on that page.

Fugger breaks 7.2GHz!
Posted by: Kazoo on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 03:12 PM
Xtreme News A dream you say? Impossible? Charles Wirth, or "Fugger" as he's known by OCer's around the world, pushes DFI and Intel to the absolute edge of Xtreme, o*nce again bringing the world record back to the US by hitting 7.2GHz. Will it remain stable? Will it boot to Windows? How did he do it? Those answers and more here o*n the forum...

:eek:

Soldato
as good as this idea is, dx10 will make quad or single 7950 sli rubbish as everyone will want dx10 cards.

but even if i did have the cash, i dont have a dell 30" so its useless to me.

Soldato
Mongy2130 said:
No SLi Bridge connectors would point to them pushing it as a single card solution

In one of the quotes it states there IS an sli bridge - just not shown in picture.

The old addage - if you have to ask the cost you probably cant afford it - came to mind in regards to this card hahaha

Was surprised how slow the memory is - 1.4ns is a good 0.2-0.3ns slower than ATI top cards (I have 1.1ns memory on my 1900XT) just surprised they have chosen GT cores and slow memory for a premium card

I realise GT and GTX's are identical cores but from sounds of the quotes they arent going to be cherry picked like the GTX's are, so its even more luck of the draw (as you would have to have both cores capable of same o/c before you could make use of it) than a buying a single GT and hoping to get GTX speeds

As stated if these where DX10 parts it MIGHT be worth it - but they arent for me

Soldato
I have 2 7900gt's in my shuttle sn26p. Would it be worth selling those off and putting one of those in instead? That's assuming the card will fit of course.

Back
Top Bottom