Another Soppy Thread...

Associate
Erm ?

Yes distance DOES matter but not entirely. Length of time apart is also quite important.

If you are gonna be apart for like a year or more... Well you have to wonder unless your love is really that great.....

Associate
Of course it does otherwise people would go onto myspace and say they have girlfriends from 2000 miles away.

A relationship is on hold if you are apart for any length of time....

Associate
hehe :) well distance is only a factor if you make it one, if two people have a connection, then it doesnt matter. If you have to wait a while to see that person again then it means each time will be more special and even the hardest times missing each other wont matter.
I've worked with distane before and at first it is hard, but you get used to it.
Also if everything worked out then eventually you could get rid of the distance!

Man of Honour
Impossible to answer unless you know the circumstances.

For example, if you are utterly skint, can't drive, don't own a bicycle and live 4 miles from the nearest town then embarking on a distance relationship with somebody who lives 150 miles away is perhaps rather daft - you'll never be able to see them.

Whereas if you are minted and have just taken delivery of your brand new BMW 535d Sport Auto, then who cares about 150 miles? Easy done, you could visit every day!

So, dependendant on circumstances, yes and no.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Whereas if you are minted and have just taken delivery of your brand new BMW 535d Sport Auto, then who cares about 150 miles? Easy done, you could visit every day!

You almost went a post without mentioning one.......

On another note no, I live 55 miles from my GF and only see her at weekends and it works just find. My flatmates girlfriend lives in america and when she comes over it will have been almost 6 months since they last saw each other, yet they are still happy and in love.

Associate
Psycrow said:
You almost went a post without mentioning one.......

On another note no, I live 55 miles from my GF and only see her at weekends and it works just find. My flatmates girlfriend lives in america and when she comes over it will have been almost 6 months since they last saw each other, yet they are still happy and in love.

yeah cos they both getting it in between?

Soldato
Distance can be made a factor if someone isnt willing to work at a relationship or if someone is a physical type of person and needs contact... I thought my relationship would work over seas while I was travelling unfortunately turns out that distance can be a factor!

Soldato
Mohinder said:
If it works it works.
That's probably the most accurate comment on here.

I guess it really depends upon the attitude of the individuals involved. You need to have a lot of trust, be able to freely communicate with oneanother (misunderstandings are difficult to sort out when you're hundreds of miles away), be patient and let eachother get on with your own lives. All this takes a little maturity too. You have to accept that you simply can't see eachother all the time and get over it. Would you rather be with the other person and not see them too often, or would you rather be without them?

It's working between me & Leon because we both almost immediately had the feeling that it was going to be long term. We've now been together for 4 years, and the distance thing only becomes a problem when one of us is broke. It's means to an end really, and I know we'll be moving in together at some point in the future, so I have something to concentrate on when the going gets tough. Not sure if I could do it for someone who I wasn't 110% sure about.

It's certainly not the easy option, and I wouldn't recommend it, but if it's worth it, then it's worth it.

Anyway, hope I've given you something to think about. Hope it works out :)

Back
Top Bottom