Just installed my boost gauge!

Soldato
Its a bit ghetto for now (bit of black plastic where the ashtray was) - but i've got a proper boost gauge in my car now :D

boost1.jpg

boost2.jpg

boost3.jpg

lovely.

next job is to disable the VSV to gain full boost in all gears

Soldato
OP
i've got the stock one near to the rev counter, but tbh you only really look at it if your car feels odd :p

nah, i didn't want a huge 3 podder filled to the brim.

yeah, i believe the VSV is the 3SGTE's safety mechanism for not lunching your gearbox, as you get 0.5 bar in 1st and 0.9 everywhere else.

however, if you disable vsv you end up with 0.5 bar everywhere, thus need a relief valve to bring it back up :)

Associate
When I had my boost gauge in that same ashtray position it was next to useless apart from on long steep hills, or checking vacuum ocasionally when trying to drive for economy.

Much much better in a pillar pod position.

Soldato
OP
Trickle said:
When I had my boost gauge in that same ashtray position it was next to useless apart from on long steep hills, or checking vacuum ocasionally when trying to drive for economy.

Thats all I want it for, that and setting up my relief valve.

Transmission breaker
Don
dash.jpg

Thats the position mine is in, and i find it a bit too low really, but its much more accurate and better lit that the standard one (You can see it just above the new one)

Looks pretty cool though :D

Associate
A bit ghetto?

Indeed, though not quite as 'ghetto' as the other pic. Slum maybe, though at least yours is in a japanese car. I mean what's £20 for a matt black pod?

Soldato
whats involved in fitting one? If I decide on keeping my car then I could really do with sticking one in my car somehow. Anyone know how you fit one into a soarer / supra engine?

Soldato
ramirez said:
whats involved in fitting one? If I decide on keeping my car then I could really do with sticking one in my car somehow. Anyone know how you fit one into a soarer / supra engine?

Its a simple job I think, just T in a tube into the boost pipe from the engine bay to the gauage. Hard part is getting it through the bulk head I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom