Hifi speakers to pc

Soldato
Yes you'll need an amp, I don't think the mission cubes have an amplifier built into them.

Once you get an amp you have the choice of either connecting it up using 3 3,5mm to RCA cables in analogue or using a digital cable. Bearing this in mind you wouldn't get surround sound in games or music if you had the X-fi using the digital cable method. You could get this by buying an HDA card instead of the X-fi, but it's really up to you.

Man of Honour
OP
tom_nieto said:
Yes you'll need an amp, I don't think the mission cubes have an amplifier built into them.

Once you get an amp you have the choice of either connecting it up using 3 3,5mm to RCA cables in analogue or using a digital cable. Bearing this in mind you wouldn't get surround sound in games or music if you had the X-fi using the digital cable method. You could get this by buying an HDA card instead of the X-fi, but it's really up to you.

no they dont have an amp only the base is amplified, so the cable will go from 3 x 3.5 to 6 x RCA right? i want surround really what is a HDA card please? and the amp will be just a seprate from a system i think i have one lying around somewhere

Soldato
You probably won't find a cable which is all joined together, rather you'll have to buy 3 of the 3.5mm to 2xRCA cables. Not too much hassle though. I'd definitely see how it sounds at the moment with your current sound card.

Back
Top Bottom