• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How Likely is it...?

Associate
I am considering buying two OVK 7900GTX's as they look like phenomenal value for cash right now. The thing is my last gpu's were XFX XXX Factory OC versions. I chose them for the convience and stability of high clock speeds. SInce these cards are at stock speeds , I will have to overclock them myself , but since I don't have a water cooled rig I want to know how realistic are my goals for these ards .

My goals are to get cards from their stock speeds of 650mhz/1600mhz to 700mhz/1700-1800mhz using the stock coolers, and Nvidia's own coolbits driver OCing software. I also want it to boot at these speeds so will be applying the " use these speeds at boot up" , so that I don't have to OC everytime I want to play a game. I also expect it to play every game without artifacts or crashes , due to the OCing . In other words I want to emulate what XFX have done with their XXX cards or Extreme cards. Is this possible? I know that the OCUK cards are XFX branded so will it get to their high speeds that they have in their extreme models? Also can I expect the same amount of atability with the OC speeds as the XFX Extereme models? Thanks for reading

Caporegime
yes yes and yes.

I woukd think that 700/1800 would not be a problem.

certainly 680/1750 at least.

The stock cooler on these cards is on par if not better than any after market solutions too so don't go tampering with what is already a great cooling system.

Its silent and more than does its job.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
easyrider said:
yes yes and yes.

I woukd think that 700/1800 would not be a problem.

certainly 680/1750 at least.

The stock cooler on these cards is on par if not better than any after market solutions too so don't go tampering with what is already a great cooling system.

Its silent and more than does its job.

Cheers :) , I appreciate the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom