• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Arctic Silver 5 & removal

Associate
OP
I wouldnt use nail varnish tbh because they say about all the chemicals that can be found in it, and at that I just wouldnt risk it. Im tempted to get that Arcticlean as it is fairly in-expensive, but am also tempted to get that IPA stuff, probably from Superdrug if any pharmacy sells it?

Associate
yeah i wouldnt use toilet paper either, the lil bits behind = bad mmkay.

Kitchen roll is better but i found coffee filters to be amazing. They are a lot tougher than kitchen roll (yes even tougher than bounty). A touch of CPU cleaner or something and you can scrub off even the nastiest of gunk.

GL :)

Associate
danceMB said:
Looks like there are several cleaners. Although it looks like IPA or Arcticlean. Even though nobody has mentioned the latter, is that stuff any good? It looks good from what it says on here, does anyone agree with it?

I use it and think it's great, albeit a bit pricey. A few drops from the first bottle liquifies the old TIM which then wipes off as easily as anything. A couple from the next bottle is then supposed to prepare the cleaned surface for a new TIM and also prevents flash corrosion. Might be a bit OTT but it works a treat anyway.

Associate
OP
I have ordered this anyway, to wipe off the old and make way for the Arctic Silver 5, remove the OTES on my IC7 Max 3 to make enough space available for my SI-120 & Akasa Amber, rather than the stock cooler which is quite loud & useless for anything faster than stock settings.

Associate
Sorry to bring up an old topic but what high street shops sell IPA as I could do with some today. The only other thing I have is lighter fluid but I'm guessing this isn't as good?

Soldato
mentalmike said:
Sorry to bring up an old topic but what high street shops sell IPA as I could do with some today. The only other thing I have is lighter fluid but I'm guessing this isn't as good?
Local pharmacy & maybe SuperDrug :)

Back
Top Bottom