Cardiff meets Hoodi, for the nth time.

Associate
had a gander around Cardiff with neverender today. After a few hours of going "Uhhhh, what shall we take photos of?" we got going, I enjoyed myself, so I assume he did, too :)
My feet are sore now. Long walk there // home :/

Images!

neverender insisted that this building was boring. I insist otherwise. Sky is perhaps a bit dodgy, and is just pulled from another old photo, but I like the building..
boringbuildingcopy8iv.jpg

Under a bridge. Oooooo.
2copy1wq.jpg

Someones washing. What do you mean these are a bit boring?
3copy8fv.jpg

In an arcade. Neverender was accosted in here, repeatedly - perhaps I just don't look friendly enough?
4copy3do.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sad dragon. Don't blame him really, someone strapped a great big lump of stone to his head, and an even bigger one to his arse.
5copy0bs.jpg

The sun came out! Memorial, I think.
6copy5lf.jpg

Sun? Clouds? My brain adds this up to IR - memorial in IR
7copy3br.jpg

Then we hit the jackpot - we found wild garlic! Lots of wild garlic!
8copy3yu.jpg

Twas dark in that there wild garlic grove, so flashes were needed - we messing around with them, neverender had some great results, I had some iffy ones.
9copy6jb.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bit more abstractified
10copy0ob.jpg

Down low
11copy9xu.jpg

I broke out the macro lens, neverender the extension tubes
13copy0mu.jpg

Garlic grove behind us, we found a tree. OK, I found a tree. Neverender didn't seem all that interested for some reason. Pssshhhtt.
14copy1vh.jpg

Aaand last one, more hard tree action
15copy4rd.jpg

C&C appreciated chaps : )

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers all.
Wondered how long it would take for somebody to pick up on zee figure - not long it would seem!
The figure is of course my beautiful assistant, neverender.
Not sure he'll like me saying that :D

I think a slender woman in a flowing dress would probably have been fantastic, but unfortunately none were to hand - and neverender didn't even pack any dresses. Poor form, if you ask me.

edit : I should add numbers to these really, will do now.
Numbers added :)

Last edited:
Associate
Awesome stuff mate (bar that first one because, frankly, the building does suck :p )
You definitely got a fair few more than me! Liking the Washing shot a lot actually, was slightly sceptical at the time, heh ;)
I'll get mine up in a new thread in due course (wouldn't be wanting to steal your thunder now, eh ;)

The figure is of course my beautiful assistant, neverender.
Why I 'ortta!

Associate
Awsome stuff Hoodi, awsome.

I think the pick of the bunch (imho) has got to be No.3. Love the IR shots (as always) and just love the blurry garlic shots (prefer No. 10). And for the record I like the building in No.1 too (don't care much for the sky tho).

Great stuff :D

Associate
OP
Cheers to the comments I missed :)

AndyBorzi ~ Slow exposure, flash.. What's a smock? :confused:

elroberto ~ I'm not very good with street names, but I beleive it is, yes - it's certainly a car park :)

Soldato
1) Looks other worldly, though I am not too fond of this...perhaps it looks too unnatural and a bit plain?

2). I like this, nice and creepy :)

3).Not a bad picture, a little more interesting than the first one.

4). Not too bad, but I can't help but feel there is something lacking that will make this go from an okay picture to a great picture. Looks like someone just tipped their camera without much thought.

5). I like this picture a lot. Nice colours on this, great manipulation on the sky and the column leads the eyes straight into the sky, which I like.

6). I prefer number five to this one, possibly because there are not as many colours so number 5 looks more interesting and gives more to think about.

7). The drama in the sky here is fantastic, there is a great sense of movement here (although it does make my eyes go funny).

8). Not a bad picture, great depth of field and nice vibrancy.

9). Not as strong as your previous pictures. perhaps the black and white makes the subjects lose too much detail. Also seems to make my eyes go funny!

10). This is nice, very nice contrasting colours here.

11). Reminds me of an animal running off in the distance, there is a great sense of movement here, the colours are the best so far too.

12). Not bad, one of your stronger pictures, nice choice of background blur.

13). Wonderful picture here. Almost abstract, but nice all the same.

14). Nice picture here. Very spooky and I can make out some figures in the background which add to the general eeriness of it.

Sorry if I have been too harsh.

Back
Top Bottom