Colour combinations... Grey and ?

Soldato
Red or Yellow?

Just throwing some colour combo's around.

This colour will be used for my brake callipers (don't worry, I'll be painting the bigger brakes... not my current ones), interior wood trim and seats (considering a re-trim in either coloured cloth or alcantara... depends on cost etc).

Or whatever else you think will match well with metallic grey... silver perhaps.

Just throwing some ideas around at the moment.

Cheers guys :)

Soldato
Black, with perhaps white for the lettering on the calipers if there is any (and they are good) anything else would look a bit daft imo.

Soldato
OP
True, but that's why I'll be doing the seats and interior wood trim the same colour as the calipers. So at least there'll be some sort of theme going on.

Also going to change the dial backlight to match whatever colour I use.

Soldato
OP
Berger said:
Black, with perhaps white for the lettering on the calipers if there is any (and they are good) anything else would look a bit daft imo.

Already sorted some lettering :) Just the word 'Rover' in the proper font.

Black would be good for the brakes, but what about the seats? A friend of mine has painted his wood trim white and it looks really smart. I guess white cloth/black leather seats would look ok.

Soldato
OP
TripleT said:
You're putting "Rover" on the calipers? :o

Just plain black, ditto with the interior. Do you know how much leather retrims cost?

Yep :)

Was going to get proper 'RoverSport' decals but can't find them anywhere. And I think the calipers would look crap with MG decals... the brakes are going to be ZS180 brakes btw... still Rover but uprated.

I won't be getting a leather re-trim. My car already has half leather. I want to replace the cloth with different coloured cloth or alcantara.

Soldato
OP
I think black calipers with white text would look good. Having the seats re-trimmed black would kinda defeat the point though, so maybe white for the wood trim and seats.

I had the idea that black and red/black and yellow went well together. Ok my car isn't black, but it's close enough.

Associate
Red calipers with out a doubt and black letters. With a grey car you have to put some colout in to spice it up a bit. As for the black and white seats :D do it it would look very nice. But as above the white trim would look gash, spray it up the same colour as the car.

Soldato
OP
DSCF1667Medium.jpg

DSCF1665Medium.jpg

His is a white car fwiw.

[huzeeee], not red calipers with white text?

These are the logos I've seen...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-Brake-C...ryZ10414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Associate
agw_01 said:
[huzeeee], not red calipers with white text?

These are the logos I've seen...

Yeah they look good actully, erm still red calipers, or i think your car will look like its stuck in a 50's western. Black text stands out more.

maybe for your retrim do it al in cream, with red piping :D that would look spot on, you would have to do your door cards and stuff aswell though

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cool :)

Anyone else have any suggestions/input?

Oh, I'm not keeping the standard wheels btw.

I'm currently trying to pick some 16's. The brakes should fill them nicely.

Associate
agw_01 said:
Cool :)

Anyone else have any suggestions/input?

Oh, I'm not keeping the standard wheels btw.

I'm currently trying to pick some 16's. The brakes should fill them nicely.

Which colour wheels, ive got a mini in progress and im having black rims its nearly the same colour car so.. Red behind black for the win. Im biased though
:p

Soldato
Theres a nice half leather ash/grey 1998 coupe interior on rovertech at the mo which could look nice if you do use white/black/grey, but im unsure on the rear seat sizes, i guess the fronts and perhaps the door cards would go straight over but the rear seats wouldnt be the same....?

Soldato
OP
I'm looking at some gunmetal Rota Grids with a polished lip, but am having trouble deciding between that and some silver ones.

berger, yeah I think the rear seats are ever so slightly different. I'll check it out though :)

Back
Top Bottom